Financial Accounting Manager
Posted on Mar 9, 2019 by MI WINDOWS AND DOORS
To apply proper accounting and reporting principles to effectively administer the daily functions of the accounting department. To ensure the accuracy of data received from various departments and systems. To prepare and distribute reports in a timely manner. To maintain and monitor general ledger accounts, prepare journal entries, conduct account analysis and reconciliation and close books monthly.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists the Corporate Controller in directing the companys accounting functions.
- Coordinate and maintain monthly closing activities including consolidation and reporting within the Company's closing cycle.
- Prepares accurate financial statements in accordance with GAAP and corporate policy.
- Ensure all balance sheet reconciliations are produced accurately and timely with all variances researched and resolved.
- Designs and prepares complex financial analyses and reports for use in the monthly closing processes.
- Prepares and distributes monthly departmental reports for the support group.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Reviews financial data periodically to ensure accuracy and completeness of the data.
- Supports the periodic and annual financial audit process by directing the preparation of requested analysis, reports and documentation and coordinating the Company's efforts to expedite an effective and efficient external audit process.
- Assists with annual budget; monitors monthly variances and recommends corrective actions as needed.
- Manage the accounts payable function.
- Systems expert for the general ledger and supporting systems.
- Ensures compliance with policies, procedures and internal controls.
- Assists with the annual external audit.
- Supervise, mentor and motivate accounting staff in a positive and supportive manner.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting; CPA and/or MBA/CMA are desirable.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years accounting experience with at least 3 years experience managing the accounting function in a multi-location structure.
- Experience in public accounting strongly preferred.
- Experience with Great Plains software desired but not necessary. Experience implementing a new ERP system a plus.
- A detailed oriented hands-on manager with strong integrity and a desire to work in a dynamic environment.
- Strong analytical skills and experience with the ability to convert a strategic vision into an operational model.
- Self-motivated, proactive, and a self-starter with a great attitude.
- Proficient at prioritizing, organizing and time management to manage multiple projects to completion with sound business judgment.
- An effective communicator at all levels in the organization, with strong oral and written skills and a willingness to share information.