Posted on Mar 9, 2019 by MI WINDOWS AND DOORS
To provide assistance to the site safety team in maintaining safety and environmental excellence.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in maintaining companys OSHA reports such as facility 300 Logs.
- Review and maintain MIWD's safety policy and procedures.
- Help maintain and update site safety documentation such as training records, JSAs, job descriptions, and SDSs.
- Assist facility VPP teams in preparing facilities for VPP evaluation.
- Provide safety coverage for onsite safety personnel when needed.
- Assist and participate in accident investigations.
- Assist with various workers compensation reporting.
- Assist and facilitate safety related trainings throughout the year.
- Participate and report at various managers meetings as needed.
- Assist safety team with various inspections performed at each facility.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Safety or related field. Manufacturing/Safety/Environmental experience or an equivalent combination of experience and education to successfully perform the essential functions of the position required.
- Good understanding of OSHA rules, regulations, and best practices.
- Familiar with local, state and federal laws and regulations regarding environmental practices a plus.
- Good presentation and analytical skills plus demonstrated skills to handle a variety of assignments simultaneously.
- High level of customer focus both internally and external.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Bilingual skills (English/Spanish) or (English/Chin), preferred.
- First Aid/CPR/AED training preferred.
- Proficiency with various MS Office Programs including but not limited to PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook, and Visio.
- Willingness to travel between various facilities within the company.