Sr Project Manager
Posted on Mar 9, 2019 by J.A. Watts
This role is responsible for understanding the overall project/program scope and managing all aspects of the assigned jet bridge replacement project, including but not limited to the design, procurement, construction flow, closeout, stakeholder coordination, cost control, client satisfaction, team performance, and quality functions. The Senior Project Manager shall lead by example and personify the Companys Mission, Vision, and Values; taking ownership of their assigned project(s) or program. Projects can be in a variety of industries including aviation and construction.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for high level planning and programming analysis work including preparation of technical documents, testing plans, and proposals for jet bridge replacement project.
- Establish and implement project objectives, policies, procedures, roles and reporting structure, and performance standards within boundaries of company policy and contract specifications.
- Collaborate with clients, sub-consultants, and contractors to define work procedures and resolve complaints and construction problems.
- Act as the primary interface representing the client and lead the project team through the entire project process.
- Represent company in project meetings and attend strategy meetings. Schedule and lead job meetings. meeting minutes.
- Ensure effective communication is always maintained within the team structure and Senior Management.
- Complete weekly and monthly reports concerning work progress, costs, and scheduling. Produce project schedule; coordinate schedule updates and distribute internally and externally.
- Manage all financial aspects of project contract(s), including labor, expenses and staffing projections, to protect companys interest.
- Maintain a positive relationship with the client at all times.
- Oversee budgets, create and manage project forecasts, schedules and expenses; anticipate potential changes to budget, schedule, and expenses and provide guidance and analysis of changes.
- Responsible for interviewing, recommending, and negotiating contractual service agreements. Prepare, negotiate, and authorize revisions, changes, and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers, and subcontractors.
- Manage project staff and jobsite Investigate potential situations and implement corrective measures as necessary. Develop contingency plans in advance to mitigate potential risk.
- Provide guidance, oversight, coaching, and mentoring to junior and mid-level Project Managers.
- Responsible for ensuring that project deliverables are on time, within budget, and at the required level of quality.
- Prepare items; manage the close out process to completion.
- Produce and review design plans, specifications, and cost estimates.
- Perform other duties as may be required/directed.
- A bachelor's degree in construction management, architecture or engineering, or equivalent work experience; Project Management certification (PMP, PMI), EIT or Professional Engineer a plus.
- 5-7 years of progressively responsible project management experience, preferably in construction management, program management or engineering; experience in aviation or construction industries preferred.
- Knowledge of civil, mechanical, electrical engineering and plumbing a plu.
- Experience as a leader managing a team of direct reports, mentor, and problem solver with a commitment to excellence.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of contract management and budgeting/estimating.
- Advanced interpersonal, administrative, and organizational skills; including the ability to work with diverse personalities to negotiate and resolve conflict.
- Excellent communication, leadership, and influencing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and sustain effective working relationships with managers, peers, and subordinates.
- Active participation in industry organizations a plus.
- Experience using MS Office suite and industry related project management software.
Management of internal Project Management team(s).
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance options for employee and family. Health Savings and Flexible Spending Account options available.
- Company-provided group life, short and long-term disability, and voluntary life options.
- Matching 401(k) retirement plan.
- Paid time off and holidays.
- Professional development and tuition assistance.
- Company sponsored social events.
Request Technology - Anthony Honquest
Request Technology - Anthony Honquest
Supplemental Health Care