Member Service Consultant
Posted on Mar 9, 2019 by University of Iowa Community Credit Union
The University of Iowa Community Credit Union, a progressive, growing company, is now taking applications for Member Service Consultant. This person will be a competitive, independent, "doer" who can problem solve and get things done through people. In this role, you will promote and provide credit union products and services to new and existing members with referrals to appropriate departments when necessary. This position is responsible for opening and closing all types of share accounts and consumer loans, as well as for the necessary collection of overdrawn accounts and delinquent loans. The successful candidate will be an assertive problem solver who loves a fast paced environment, and who can motivate people to do their best.
UICCU is proud to offer a Bilingual Pay Program for qualifying applicants.
Pay range for this hourly position is $16.07-$24.11 with a monthly incentive opportunity and a progressive benefits package.
Performs essential duties and responsibilities in the following areas which may include, but are not limited to those listed and are subject to change:
- Adheres to the Credit Union's core values in serving with truth, trust, mentoring, openness, risk-taking, communication, giving credit, integrity, caring, and respect in carrying out the UICCU's mission and vision.
- Demonstrates a positive member service (internal and external) focus at all times, using their name, and thanking them for their business.
- The MUST philosophy:
- Make eye contact;
- Use their name or acknowledge their presence;
- Thank them for their business.
- One year of similar or related experience, with an equivalent financial background and proven ability to handle a wide variety of functions quickly and accurately with minimum supervision.
- High energy and sales ability and interpersonal skills to represent the credit union in a positive and professional manner during member contact.
- Accuracy in the handling of cash and recording daily transactions Exceptional member service skills including above average listening, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize work assignments and organize work efficiently. Must demonstrate good time management skills to meet established deadlines.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proficiency with related computer applications, spreadsheets, word processing, and database applications.
- Thorough knowledge of consumer loan policies, credit granting criteria, interest rates and how they are computed, and required documentation for each type of consumer loan and savings product.
- Proven interviewing skills and techniques.
- Must be self-motivated, exercise sound judgment, and be able to work independently
- Ability to use and understand written material.
- Ability to perform basic math calculations.
- Member account problem-solving skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive and effective working relationships with co-workers.
- Ability to work with minimal direction and exercise sound judgment.
- Reports to work punctually, works all scheduled hours, and works overtime as necessitated by business demand
- High school diploma or the equivalent (i.e. GED).
- Must be bondable.
- Must be registered pursuant to requirements of the S.A.F.E Act.