Assistant Nurse Manager - Medical Specialties
Posted on Mar 9, 2019 by Legacy Health System
Job Location: Silverton Medical Ctr campus
Department: Medical Specialties
Position Status: Regular Full-Time
Avg Hrs/Wk: 40
Pay Range: USD $41.66/Hr. - USD $62.07/Hr.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Work_Days: Mon-Fri, no weekends
Shift Length: 8
Shift Start Time: 6:30am
Shift End Time: 3:00pm
The Legacy nursing philosophy focuses on patients and their families. Our nurses embody this philosophy in everything they do, as advocates, communicators, problem-solvers and caregivers. Their expertise is sought after and respected by our health care team. In short, they are the face of wellness at Legacy. Does this sound like an environment in which you could thrive? If so, we invite you to consider this opportunity.
The Assistant Nurse Manager is responsible for providing support and managerial assistance to the Nurse Manager by managing daily unit operations that include: Staffing and scheduling; orientation and on-boarding; education and competency assessment; budget monitoring; maintaining and establishing patient care standards; promoting evidence-based practice; and implementing quality improvement measures. This position is directly accountable to the Nurse Manager and assists with the management of the department(s). The Assistant Nurse Manager is an additional resource and back-up support for the unit staff and departmental operations. The Assistant Nurse Manager facilitates workflow in the department with the support of the Charge Nurse and is the resource for staff and the organization in the absence of the Manager.
In collaboration with the Nurse Manager:
- Participates in the recruitment, interviewing, selection, education and evaluations of staff.
- Assists in the assessment of technical and professional education needs of staff and participates in developing or providing educational resources to assure competency of all unit caregivers.
- Participates in the design of a staffing plan to meet the needs of the patients being served and assures appropriate allocation of resources to meet those needs.
- Monitors performance of staff and departmental processes, providing timely feedback and coaching. Applies concepts of Just Culture in the analysis of situations.
- Supports the Nurse Manager to create and maintain a positive work environment that supports a culture of shared decision-making and open communication where staff are held accountable for patient and unit outcomes.
- Participates in planning and management of the business priorities and clinical needs of the department. Identifies and resolves issues affecting the delivery of patient care.
- Understands the departmental budget and makes decisions under the leadership of the Nurse Manager regarding the expenditures of funds to meet department objectives and maintain costs within budgeted amounts
- Demonstrates knowledge of applicable statutory, regulatory and administrative requirements relative to departmental operations/accreditation. Maintains compliance with all applicable state and federal regulations, hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
An academic degree in nursing is required (BSN or MSN/MN).
Promotions or Internal Transfers: A Bachelor's degree in Nursing is required. The BSN requirement may be met for candidates who demonstrate that they are enrolled in an accredited BSN level program and are making meaningful progress. The BSN requirement may be met for candidates with an Associate degree attending direct entry Master's programs in nursing, and are within one year of graduation. Demonstrated evidence of course completion will be required and will be tracked by the individual's manager.
Relevant clinical nursing experience at proficient to expert level of practice required with two years supervisory/leadership/charge nurse experience in health care.
LEADING AT LEGACY:
Demonstrates the ability to act consistently with Legacy's Values in Action, exemplifies our core organizational values, and exhibits the leadership competencies outlined in Leading at Legacy.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled
Current applicable state RN license required; specialty certification preferred; current BLS certification at date of hire.