Quality Control Technician
Posted on Mar 9, 2019 by All Weather Insulated Panels
Headquartered in Vacaville, California, All Weather Insulated Panels (AWIP), has two state of the art continuous line manufacturing facilities including Vacaville, California and Little Rock, Arkansas. AWIP is an innovator in the design, construction, and advancement of insulated metal panels and is strategically positioned to meet the growing energy, environmental and economic challenges facing the North American building industry. AWIP provides its customers with a broad line of insulated wall and roof panels and a full range of complementary trims, accessories and engineering services.
Benefits of Working With Us:
We offer a casual atmosphere and family oriented culture. Our benefits package is comprehensive including medical, dental, vision, 401k with match, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance, shopping discount program, employee assistance program, and more! We even buy lunch for our plant employees through our meal card vending program! Sound good to you? Come join our team!
About the Position:
QC Technicians provide quality assurance support to production team to ensure the highest quality standards and procedures are met by performing detailed audits of in-process and finished products, documenting daily production processes and collecting data to analyze trends. Works with quality control production teams to diagnose issues and implement corrective action procedures.
- Conducts internal quality audits to verify product compliance to company standards and tolerances.
- Samples and tests products at various stages of production.
- Troubleshoots production and quality issues on production floor and inspects product to ensure quality standards are within tolerance.
- Performs internal and external calibration on all test equipment to ensure testing accuracy.
- Assists Quality Manager with assigned duties as necessary.
- Complete training by manager.
- Comply with all safety and company policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to work 8 hours per day with ability to work overtime and weekends as needed (up to 12 hours per day as necessary for production volume).
- Ability to work in a non-climate controlled environment with extreme temperatures and some outdoor exposure is possible.
- Ability to safely lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally and 25 lbs. regularly.
- Must be able to use tools, equipment, machinery, etc.
- Must have good mathematics skills, the ability to accurately use a tape measure, and be knowledgeable in both US and metric measurement systems.
- Must be able to effectively use a computer and have intermediate proficiency in MS Excel and email and basic proficiency in the rest of MS Office.
- Ability to take detailed clear photographs documenting quality.
- Must have visual acuity, discernment of color and texture, and finger dexterity.
- Ability to read, write, type, and verbally communicate effectively in English.
- Ability to sit, walk, and stand for extended periods. Must be able to bend, lift, twist, reach, grasp, and other physical movements.
- Must be reliable and dependable.
AWIP is a drug free workplace.