Posted on Mar 8, 2019 by Servelec Controls
Servelec Controls Limited
Servelec Controls is a class leading system integrator, operating in niche energy and infrastructure markets, with major blue chip clients, significant history and knowhow, profitable and with increasing levels of recurring revenue. The Company has leading positions in growth areas such as asset life extension converting previously manned installations into unmanned, negating the need for costly decommissioning, and real time information systems, which optimise operation, safety and production.
Real-time Information Systems
Key aspects of the Real-time Information Systems business are:
Consulting with clients to determine how to use Real-time Information Systems to deliver business benefits.
Designing, building and deploying solutions using Real-time Information Systems.
Supporting and providing long term development and maintenance of clients' systems.
Working in-house and on client sites to deliver the above services.
Position/Job Title: Project Engineer
Key Position Objectives:
- Ensure the successful delivery of a number of assigned projects related to Real-time Information Systems solutions, in the energy and infrastructure market.
- Be internally accountable for all aspects of assigned projects.
Key Aspects of the Role
- Work with clients to plan the execution of projects and to report on progress.
- Give clear presentations to clients of their ideas.
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Ensure that each project is successfully delivered to time and budget and within the cash flow plan.
- Analyse risks; manage risks and issues; monitor and report on progress.
- Plan and sequence activities; plan resources; develop schedules.
- Estimate time and cost; develop a budget.
- Produce Plans and other project documents.
- Lead a project team, bringing out the best in individuals.
- Carry out design and development of the project solution as part of the project team.
- Give clear, effective presentations to internal management on status of their work.
- Operate in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Degree/ HND in a computing or engineering related subject.
- An appropriate Project Management qualification such as PRINCE2 or APM is desirable.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- Sound grasp of IT methodologies and of related governance issues.
- Experienced in management of risk.
- Good knowledge and understanding of the principles under-pinning Real-time Information Systems is desirable.
- Good knowledge and understanding of upstream oil and gas and/or power generation.
Personal Skills, Competencies:
- Ability to ask penetrating questions, detect unstated assumptions and resolve conflicts.
- Ability to make decisions, both large and small, that directly benefit their project.
- Excellent ability to capture information, analyse it, and articulate an appropriate solution.
- Excellent verbal, written and interactive communication skills.
- Able to communicate effectively at the appropriate level for the audience.
- Comfortable interacting with customers at a senior level in a manner that instils confidence.
- Persuasive, and able to overcome resistance from third parties, such that the project's goals are achieved.
- Capable of managing others to achieve successful outcomes as a team.
- Flexible, co-operative and enthusiastic attitude to work.
- Confident and calm under pressure.
- Disciplined to deliver a high quality of service while achieving time and budget constraints.
- Able to balance multiple pieces of work and track each against deadlines to ensure that all are progressed as expected.
- Ambition and aim to become a project management professional with further experience and support