Principal Systems Engineer
Posted on Mar 8, 2019 by Servelec Controls
If you are experienced and talented in the field of industrial Real-time Information System (RtIS), this is an excellent opportunity to join our expanding team. Servelec provides solutions for a range of real-time information systems across the energy and infrastructure sectors, particularly in oil and gas and in power and has established an excellent reputation in this area.
Led from our Aberdeen office we design, build and deploy Real-time Information Systems and Solutions and support our clients' systems for the long term through on-going development and maintenance.
In this position you would take a leading role in maintaining Servelec's position as an adopter of technological advances in the Real-time information Systems arena, promoting the Company and its capabilities across the industry, and undertake a wide range of tasks related to the conceptual and detailed design, implementation and delivery of Real-time Information Systems solutions, in the energy and infrastructure market.
The key aspects of your role would be to:
- actively develop Servelec's offering as technology advances and clients' expectations become more demanding;
- represent Servelec at national and international events and conferences;
- work with clients to identify solutions appropriate to them;
- give clear presentations to customers of their ideas;
- produce Strategy Documents, Requirements Specifications and Design Specifications;
- develop Test Strategies and produce Test Specifications;
- design and develop applications as part of Real-time Information Systems;
- give clear, effective presentations to customers on status of their work;
- investigate and resolve problems with Real-time Information Systems;
- operate in accordance with Company policies and procedures;
- lead a team, developing others through mentoring.
To succeed in this we expect you to have good analytical and problem-solving ability and be someone who is:
- an enthusiastic proponent of the technology with a clear understanding of the business benefits that it provides;
- enthusiastic to understand developing technological capabilities and to identify how these can be applied;
- readily able to capture information, analyse it, and articulate an appropriate solution;
- capable of communicating clearly both in written and interactive form;
- confident dealing with all levels of audience and self-sufficient working away from the office;
- a person who interacts well with customers at a senior level in a manner that instils confidence;
- able to develop strategies and think in terms of architectures;
- capable of managing others to achieve successful outcomes as a team;
- able to balance multiple pieces of work to ensure that all are progressed as expected.
As for your qualifications and experience, we are looking for a good selection of the following:
- degree or HND in a computing related subject;
- proficient in Microsoft Office products;
- sound grasp of IT methodologies and of related governance issues;
- experience with software development technologies;
- good understanding of IT infrastructure, including servers, databases and networking;
- good knowledge of OSIsoft PI products;
- good knowledge and understanding of upstream oil and gas and/or power generation.
This is a fantastic opportunity to secure a role with a well-respected UK company where you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package. If you would like to share in our ongoing success, apply with your CV for immediate consideration