Registered Nurse (RN) Operating Room - FT Day
Posted on Mar 8, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
St. Vincent's Birmingham has an opportunity for a FT Day, Operating Room Nurse!
Why join Ascension
St. Vincent's Birmingham is a 400+ bed hospital conveniently located downtown. We are currently undergoing an exciting expansion and renovation project to create more patient rooms and waiting areas.
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we care for the people who are the foundation of our work to fulfill our mission: our associates. We offer a comprehensive benefit package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, retirement, and generous PTO. Associates can also take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance.
- Heart of Care: Nurses are at the heart of the care we provide. That's why, at Ascension, we invest in our nurses so they can have a positive impact on the people and communities we serve.
- Power of Purpose: For the associates at St. Vincent's, work is more than the place we go each day. It's an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients so we can provide holistic care that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit. Our innovative approach impacts and influences the community that we serve.
The main OR at St. Vincent's is a state-of-the-art surgical facility boasts 16 operating suites and performs 45 - 50 procedures each day. Common surgical procedures include: robotic, ENT, gynecological, neurological, vascular, open heart, colorectal, plastic, and urology. While St. Vincent's is not a trauma hospital, it is one of the first community hospitals to have the da Vinci® Surgical System robot.
As a Registered Nurse with the OR Team, you will be integrated into our work family. We foster a strong team environment based on mutual respect and trust. Our personalities are strong, but we make sure everyone has a voice in the care of our patients.
- Perform scrub functions including the selection and handling of instruments and supplies used during the procedure.
- Perform circulating functions including monitoring, recording and communicating patient condition and managing overall nursing care of your patient before, during and after the procedure.
- Directly assist the operating physician with surgical tasks including hemostasis, suturing and wound exposure as well as patient positioning.
- Prepare operating rooms and surgical instruments and equipment for use.
- Strong sense of ethics
- Confidence with the ability to take direction and constructive criticism
- Educational competence and continual desire to learn skills to reflect current nursing practices.
- Able to communicate effectively in a variety of formats in all areas of practice.
- Demonstrates leadership in the professional practice setting and the profession.
- Licensed Associate Professional Registered Nurse credentialed from the Alabama Board of Nursing obtained prior to you hire date.
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of your hire date.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of your hire date.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing
- OR experience is preferred
As an equal opportunity employer, St. Vincent's and all its ministries comply with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at St. Vincent's and all its ministries based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent's participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)