Registered Nurse (RN) - Medical Psychiatric Nursing Unit (Med/Surg)
Posted on Mar 8, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
Registered Nurse (RN) - Psychiatric Nursing Unit 001 - Full-Time, Night - Indianapolis-8401 Harcourt Rd - Indianapolis, IN
7 PM - 7:30 am, 3 days a week, every third weekend, and a holiday rotation.
Why Join Ascension?
St. Vincent, part of Ascension, is a nonprofit, faith-based health system that is guided by our mission to provide compassionate, personalized care, especially for those who are vulnerable. St. Vincent is one of Indiana's largest employers with 22 ministries serving 57 counties in central and southern Indiana. Our 134-year-old health system includes a wide range of services including cardiovascular care, women's and children's health, neurosciences, cancer care, orthopedics, bariatrics, primary care, emergency medicine, imaging, general surgery and long-term acute care.
What You Will Do
Med/Psych is a unit that will allow all registered nurses to learn more about the substance abuse/addiction crisis in our midst. The skills that you will gain will benefit your career for many years to come. St Vincent holds our mission close to our heart. The compassion and understanding shown to our patients is renowned. We would love for you to join our team of caregivers and find that rare place of receiving comfort by giving comfort.
- Work on a unit that is unique in that, it runs like a small emergency room (ED).
- Grow and develop skills that you will encounter across your entire nursing career around substance abuse/overdose/addiction .
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Indiana Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
- Bachelor's preferred, hospital and behavioral health experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)