Posted on Mar 8, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
RN Spv-House - Nursing Administration
- PRN, Rotating
River Park Hospital - McMinnville, TN
Why Join Ascension?
At Saint Thomas Health, we're using the power of purpose to change healthcare for the better.
Saint Thomas Health, a member of Ascension, is the leading faith-based health care system in Tennessee and is a part of Ascension, the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system. We are committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable.
What Saint Thomas Health has to offer:
Power of Purpose:
For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It's an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients. Our innovative spirit impacts and influences the community that we serve.
Culture of Teamwork:
We encourage diversity of talents while offering the support of a multi-disciplinary team.
By supporting our associates and their professional development, we ultimately enhance the care and services we provide to the community. Through this development, our associates find new opportunities for career advancement.
Saint Thomas Health provides a competitive compensation package inclusive of a wide range of flexible benefit options. We support work-life balance through generous paid time off and encourage spirituality in the workplace.
We are a progressive, stable company with 120 years of experience in delivering world-class personalized care. At Saint Thomas Health, we are actively trying new solutions to help overcome some of healthcare 's toughest challenges.
About Saint Thomas:
- At Saint Thomas Health, you will have the most innovative tools and procedures to give our patients the absolute best care. This is a FUN and collaborative team environment working to promote the best plan of care for each patient.
- Hickman County, Tennessee, just southwest of Nashville, is part of the Greater Nashville Metro area, offering a beautiful, peaceful rural setting. The county is bisected by the Duck River and the famous Natchez Trace Parkway, and populated with acres of open forest, country roads and opportunities for canoeing and fishing.
What You Will Do
As an Registered Nurse- House Supervisor with Saint Thomas Health Svcs-TN, you will have the opportunity to supervise and coordinate unit staffing and provide leadership while ensuring implementation of clinical objectives and quality patient care in assigned area.
- Assign, direct, educate and monitor nursing and support staff during assigned shift. Contribute to or perform performance evaluations of staff.
- Assess daily patient care needs and develop and distribute patient care assignments, ensuring that population appropriate patient care is given.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of patient care and identify any issues that affect desired patient outcomes.
- Respond to complaints about patient care and manage through established channels.
- May provide input for hiring, training, directing, development and evaluating of staff.
Why Join the Saint Thomas Ascension Family?
Tennessee's beautiful Upper Cumberland Region includes the towns of McMinnville, Woodbury, Smithville, Sparta and Cookeville in the state's north central area. Populated with beautiful mountains, many waterfalls, three major lakes and winding rivers, this area is perfect for outdoors enthusiasts. World-class fishing, championship golf, miles of horseback trails and multiple state parks, plus a wine trail, well-developed music heritage and historic downtown squares can be found throughout the region
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Basic Life Support certification (BLS Card) must be valid for 90 days post start date.
- One or more of the following:
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Tennessee Board of Nursing or current home state license for multi-state license recognition "Compact State" obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
- 1 year of experience required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Saint Thomas Health Services complies with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination in hiring or employment practices on the basis of citizenship, race, color, religion, gender, age, national and ethnic origin, disability, or veteran status.
No question or item on this application for employment is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination. Information obtained through this application will be used solely to determine qualifications and suitability for employment. This application will be valid for a period of 90 days from date of completion.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Saint Thomas Health participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)