Sleep Inn - Hotel Maintenance Technician
Posted on Mar 2, 2019 by Loves Travel Stops & Country Store
Req ID: 117576
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION: Maintenance Technicians maintain and promote excellence in hospitality and customer service at all times; maintaining cleanliness, functionality, and safety of guest rooms, common areas, and the remainder of the facilities.
JOB SUMMARY: Maintenance Technicians will perform a variety of maintenance and repair tasks in order to keep the hotel in compliance. The candidate will work easily in a fast-paced environment while maintaining an optimistic, energetic attitude to make a difference in everything they do.
- Greet customers as you see them, speak politely, and assist customers.
- Maintains the basic upkeep of all rooms and common areas by ensuring all furniture, appliances and electrical equipment such as televisions, refrigerators, and light fixtures are in working order.
- Ensures all paint and flooring meet company standards.
- Repairs or replaces all HVAC systems such as individual air conditioning units as needed.
- Cleans and maintains the hotel's exterior spaces such as the parking lot, swimming pool, landscaping, etc.
- Ensure the interior and exterior of the hotel is well maintained
- Perform minor adjustments on HVAC systems, room furniture, fixtures and other items in the hotel
- Supervise the preventative maintenance program
- Report major repair needs to the General Manager
- Assist in setup/cleanup of meeting rooms
- Assist in other areas of the hotel as needed
- Respond to guest inquiries and requests and resolve issues in a timely, friendly and efficient manner.
- Maintain a safe facility and use safety first practices to remain accident-free.
- Other duties as assigned by your manager.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED or equivalent years of relevant work experience required.
- 1 or more years of Maintenance/Grounds experience required
BACKGROUND CHECKS: All offers of employment may be conditioned on receipt of a background check report and/or drug screen that is acceptable to Love's.
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Hard Skills: Ability to learn and operate a casher register; Ability to learn and perform basic office/clerical tasks
- Soft Skills: Good verbal and written communication skills, time management skills, organization skills, can-do attitude, sense of urgency, and strong work ethic.
- Typical Physical Demands:
- Regularly required to talk and hear.
- Requires standing and walking, with some bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing.
- Occasional light lifting not over 50lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee will primarily be working within a hotel environment working directly with food and beverages and interacting with the public face-to-face. Occasionally, the employee may be exposed to high-concentrated cleaning solutions, dust, dirt, or grime. The noise level in the work environment will be at a low level.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: No travel is expected for this position.
EEO STATEMENT: Love's Travel Stops Inc. and Its Affiliates provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Function(s): Hospitality
Clean Places, Friendly Faces. It's been the guiding principle at Love's for more than 50 years, and it's leading us into the future. We're passionate about serving drivers with clean, modern facilities stocked with plenty of fuel, food and supplies. Love's has two primary kinds of stores. Our 'Country Stores' are fueling stations with a convenience store attached. The larger ' Travel Stops' are located on interstate highways and offer additional amenities such as food from popular restaurant chains, trucking supplies, showers and more.