Posted on Mar 2, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
Technician - Pharmacy - Pharmacy Services General 001 - Full-Time, Rotating - CSM Hospital Milwaukee - Milwaukee,WI
Why Join Ascension?
In Wisconsin, Ascension operates 24 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ more than 23,500 associates. Across the state, Ascension provided more than $230 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in fiscal year 2016. Serving Wisconsin for 169 years, Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. Ascension is the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system, operating 2,500 sites of care - including 141 hospitals and more than 30 senior living facilities - in 24 states and the District of Columbia. Visit We're looking for talented associates to join us as we continue advancing healthcare across Wisconsin.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Columbia St. Mary's-WI, you will have the opportunity to
Provides distributive pharmacy services and technical support for the pharmacist in a hospital setting
- 50 percent of time in ambulatory care clinic - day shift - time dependent on clinic hours.
- 50 percent of time in inpatient pharmacy - first shift starting between 6:30am and 7:30am, rotating PM shift as needed, every other weekend, and rotating holidays.
- Refills and maintains automated dispensing systems.
- Prepares orders and maintains inventory for the pharmacy department.
- Repackages bulk medications.
- Receives and stores incoming supplies.
- Maintains documentation to ensure accurate records.
- Accurately fill departmental requisitions, crash cart medication trays and anesthesia trays.
- Effectively prepares and delivers medications to ensure accurate and timely availability to patients.
What You Will Need
- HS or Equivalent
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Associate's Degree or graduate of an approved pharmacy technician training program preferred. Successful completion of the CSM pharmacy technician assessment required
- Ambulatory care experience (warfarin clinic preferred), hospital experience
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Supplemental Health Care