Pharmacy Technician II
Posted on Mar 2, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
Pharmacy Technician II - Pharmacy Services General 001 - Part-Time, Rotating - WIAPP 2251 N Shore Dr - Rhinelander, WI
Why Join Ascension?
In Wisconsin, Ascension operates 24 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ more than 23,500 associates. Across the state, Ascension provided more than $230 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in fiscal year 2016. Serving Wisconsin for 169 years, Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. Ascension is the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system, operating 2,500 sites of care - including 141 hospitals and more than 30 senior living facilities - in 24 states and the District of Columbia. Visit We're looking for talented associates to join us as we continue advancing healthcare across Wisconsin.
What You Will Do
As an associate with Ministry Health Care, you will have the opportunity to provide distributive pharmacy services and technical support for the Pharmacist.
Work Location and Schedule: This role is 20 hrs per week and either 8 or 10 hr shifts. Must be able to work at both Howard Young Medical Center and St Mary's Hospital.
- Refills and maintains automated dispensing systems.
- Prepares orders and maintains inventory for the pharmacy department.
- Repackages bulk medications.
- Receives and stores incoming supplies.
- Prepares sterile medications for pharmacist review and dispensing using aseptic techniques.
- Refills and maintains, medication carts, drug trays, kits, and other modes of medication delivery.
- Assists in processing charges for medications.
- May collect patient medication history upon admission and update electronic health record (EHR) to accurately reflect any changes.
- Participates in the training and/or orientation of new associates.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certified Pharmacy Tech credentialed from the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB).
- HS or Equivalent
- High School Diploma or equivalent required Completion of Pharmacy Technician program preferred
- No experience required; experience in the specific job field preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement