Posted on Mar 17, 2023 by Lorien
Senior Delivery Lead
Posted on Mar 17, 2023 by Lorien
The Senior delivery Lead will be responsible for overseeing the delivery of multiple initiatives, delivering high profile regulatory and risk initiatives. In addition the role will also work across the portfolio supporting the head of portfolio in a number of smaller initiatives, and will support the mobilisation, management and delivery of these.
The role will work closely with the head of portfolio in evolving the adoption of agile ways of working, working with other delivery leads and teams to embed practices, processes and behaviours which contribute towards successful working practices.
- Work with stakeholders, contributors and suppliers to ensure new initiatives and deliverables are understood, evaluated, prioritised, and implemented according to the prioritisation of the areas of the business needs and the budgeted set within Digital Transformation
- Ensure the benefits, critical success factors and measures are identified and managed contributing towards successful delivery of products and initiatives
- Ensure value is articulated, reviewed and measured for initiatives within the delivery lead pillar
- Run, manage and close down projects and other initiatives in accordance with guidance from the Agile PMO.
- Ensure that a suitable BAU transition plan is in place that addresses the readiness of users, the testing and compatibility of systems and the realisation of benefits.
- Liaise with the Business Change function to engage and manage stakeholders and for advice and support in producing relevant Change, Communications and Training artefacts to support embedding the change as appropriate.
- Champion the measurement and adoption of products and initiatives through working with teams to implement tools and techniques to support this
- Facilitate program processes and practices, managing risks and impediments raised by the delivery teams
- Acting as a true servant leader in the removal of blockers and impediments that are impacting the delivery of the initiatives/workstreams and the teams effectiveness
- Create visibility and transparency within the delivery of initiatives, creating the necessary communication channels and deliverables and promoting the use of agile ceremonies and deliverables as a place for self service communications.
- Facilitate the ongoing coordination of delivery planning. This includes:
- Supporting the Portfolio Head and Product Owners to manage change to the programs PI plan and identify the impacts of those changes.
- Driving cross team, portfolio, and departmental planning, collaboration, coordination and resolution of impediments.
- Assisting the agile program in communication and coordination with stakeholders and customers
- Driving delivery and continuous improvement by utilising feedback and metrics (quality, delivery rate, etc.) to identify areas of opportunity.
- Participating with management and cross-functional teams as subject matter expert to develop and improve operating policies and procedures and be an advocate in adopting best practices and processes.
- Ensuring the risks and dependencies of the delivery are understood, articulate and are mitigated and communicated and above all are used to contribute towards successful delivery outcomes
- Developing/modifying processes, policies, and procedures to facilitate the working relationship between the portfolios and other business functions/partners.
- Supporting the configuration of Scaled Agile to the needs of the organisation, standardising and documenting practices.
- Work with the head of portfolio in facilitation and evolution of the agile transition of the portfolio, working with APO to develop and support teams in agile ways of working and working with other delivery leads and scrum masters to establish consistent practices across the portfolio
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the Digital Transformation team and the Regulatory, Risk and Business Process Portfolio team,
- Coach, develop and line manage, individuals and actively managing 3rd party suppliers and contractors in line with expected outcomes and objectives
- Manage and oversee the production support of products within the regulatory, risk portfolio, ensuring they provide the adequate support structure to the users and comply with all information security and control points.
Skills and Experience
- Experience of delivering high profile, large programmes of work
- Extensive experience in transition of teams to agile ways of working
- Extensive experience in program & project standards, governance and methods
- Experience of senior leadership team stakeholder management and communications
- Proven program delivery experience with an excellent understanding of business and systems analysis as well as change management
- Demonstrable focus on successful delivery of multi department/business area programs of work including IT elements
- Ability to work independently and use their own initiative as well as coach and mentor the team
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrable experience of internal and external stakeholder engagement (including vendors).The Regulatory, Risk and Business Process portfolio, deliver major initiatives, small enhancements and business as usual support to the Regulatory and Risk function and also delivery support to Operating Model initiatives that touch on cross functional areas. Ideally experience from insurance or financial services, hybrid working, based in the city.
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Alert me to jobs like this:
Senior Delivery Lead in City, London, United Kingdom, Full-Time
Amplify your job search:
Increase interview chances with our downloads and specialist services.CV Help
Expert career advice
Increase interview chances with our downloads and specialist services.Visit Blog
Increase interview chances with our downloads and specialist services.Start Test