Posted on Mar 17, 2023 by Capgemini
GCP Data Solution Architect
Posted on Mar 17, 2023 by Capgemini
Job Title: GCP Data Solution Architect
Whilst you may have any of our UK offices as a base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home during the week at short notice. Capgemini requires our employees to be geographically mobile and to be able to travel to customer site to perform our jobs.
The Job on Offer
We are looking for strong GCP Solution Architects who are passionate and focused on data solutions and GCP technology.
- Partnering with other solution architects to assess solution alignment to the overall architectural blueprint - and drive proposal writing, solution direction, pricing and costing.
- Help define the performance goals and metrics for the proposed solution.
- Understand the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) for the solution.
- Own Solution Development as liaison between Sales and Delivery teams. Serve as technical liaison between Sales team, Clients, Delivery & support teams up to and including Contract negotiations.
- Cooperate with sales team to formulate/execute a sales strategy to exceed revenue objectives.
- Strong experience of designing architecture for data focused GCP projects.
- Designing GCP Data solutions using data products such as: BigQuery, Dataflow, Dataproc, AI Building Blocks, Cloud Composer, Looker, Cloud Data Fusion, Dataprep, Data Catalog etc.
- Understand which GCP data focused components to use for which purpose.
- Estimating effort for data focused projects.
- Ability to orchestrate and influence virtual teams; Strong presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences at different levels of organisations.
- Ability to explain complex concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Understanding and designing delivery approaches such as Agile, Waterfall
Why This role?
The Cloud Data Platforms team is part of the Insights and Data Global Practice and has seen strong growth and continued success across a variety of projects and sectors. Cloud Data Platforms is the home of the Data Engineers, Platform Engineers, Solutions Architects and Business Analysts who are focused on driving our customers digital and data transformation journey using the modern cloud platforms.
We specialise on using the latest frameworks, reference architectures and technologies using AWS, Azure and GCP.
We continue to grow and are looking for talented individuals who want to join our high performing team. If you would like to develop your career as part of a team of highly skilled professionals who are passionate about increasing the value of the data and analytics in organisations, you have come to the right place.
- Knowledge of CI/CD technologies, Git, Jenkins, Spinnaker, GCP Cloud Build, Ansible etc
- Exposure to IaC and cloud deployment using tools such as Cloud Deployment Manager
- Knowledge of other Cloud Platforms such as AWS and Azure
- Relevant certifications
- Experience with collaboration tools such as JIRA, Kanban Board, Confluence etc
- Strong skills in areas such as Docker, Kubernetes, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS to name a few
Our projects are varied, sometimes you may be asked to help define a client's data visualisation transformation roadmap, other times you may be rolling your sleeves up and creating an innovative data platform for a complex business problem, or even assisting with client bid responses.
Why Capgemini is unique
At Capgemini we don't just believe in Diversity & Inclusion, we actively go out to making it a working reality. Driven by our core values and Active Inclusion Campaign, we build environments where you can bring you whole self to work.?
We aim to build an environment where employees can enjoy a positive work-life balance. Through our New Normal campaign, we are looking to embed hybrid working in all that we do and make flexible working arrangements the day-to-day reality for our people. All UK employees are eligible to request flexible working arrangements. ?
At the Capgemini we offer opportunities to contribute to society, make a difference to the world and help Architects of Positive Futures. Through our sustainability framework Capgemini is at the cutting edge of helping organisations accelerate their net zero and wider sustainability ambitions. ?
Get the future you want
Growing clients' businesses while building a more sustainable, more inclusive future is a tough ask. But when you join Capgemini, you join a thriving company and become part of a diverse collective of free-thinkers, entrepreneurs and industry experts. A powerful source of energy that drives us all to find new ways technology can help us reimagine what's possible. It's why, together, we seek out opportunities that will transform the world's leading businesses. And it's how you'll gain the experiences and connections you need to shape your future. By learning from each other every day, sharing knowledge and always pushing yourself to do better, you'll build the skills you want. And you'll use them to help our clients leverage technology to grow their business and give innovation that human touch the world needs. So, it might not always be easy, but making the world a better place rarely is.
Capgemini. Get The Future You Want.?
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of over 360,000 team members in more than 50 countries. With its strong 55-year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fueled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2022 global revenues of €22 billion.
Alert me to jobs like this:
GCP Data Solution Architect in England, United Kingdom, Full-Time
Amplify your job search:
Increase interview chances with our downloads and specialist services.CV Help
Expert career advice
Increase interview chances with our downloads and specialist services.Visit Blog
Increase interview chances with our downloads and specialist services.Start Test