Posted on Mar 17, 2023 by Cubiq Recruitment Ltd
Aerospace Programme Manager
Posted on Mar 17, 2023 by Cubiq Recruitment Ltd
Salary £80,000 - £85,000
Location: London, Havant or Dublin
Our client has extensive knowledge in bringing innovative service solutions to commercial, defence and space customers with a focus on innovative services in engineering, digital aviation and analytics as well as supply chain logistics and training support. They deliver agile, cost-competitive solutions, regardless of the original equipment manufacturer, so customers can reduce costs, drive efficiency and optimize operations. They are one of the world's largest aerospace companies and a leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defence, space and security systems. They are engineers and technicians, skilled scientists and thinkers, bold innovators and dreamers. Join them, and you can build something better for yourself, their customers and for the world.
The successful candidate will work within the Global Services Programme Management team, based in the UK or Ireland. The Programme Management team manage the post-delivery modification of aircraft for their customers and projects they typically manage involve the integration of new equipment into the aircraft, such as seating, IFE equipment and monuments (galleys, lavatories and stowages). They frequently manage multiple stakeholders providing equipment and services to the Customer. Working together with the Engineering, Airworthiness and logistics teams you will manage the execution of the project within the schedule and budgetary constraints agreed. This is a highly visible role, which will require the ability to communicate with team members of all levels of seniority both internal and external. Previous experience of aircraft modification projects would be a distinct advantage and would suit applicants with Programme Management or Project Lead Engineer backgrounds in aerospace environments or MRO's.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as focal point for the company to worldwide airline customers
- Complete programme ownership of delivery schedule, meeting quality standards, and financial controls from project award to final delivery
- Identify and manage programme risks, issues and opportunities to protect or improve the programme performance.
- Lead internal programme teams to execute the programme requirements.
- Coordinate internal activities to ensure all tasks are progressing in line with the programme requirements.
- Coordinate and lead major milestone meetings with the customer (ITCM, PDR, CDR, FAI) and compile resulting minutes and action plans.
- Portray the customers' expectations and requirements to the Engineering team to ensure alignment.
- Provide weekly status updates, milestone schedules and risk analysis summaries.
- Communicate programme status, on-going financial viability and identification of key issues to senior management.
- Manage customer change requests and support proposals for schedule and cost related impacts.
- Initiate invoicing of project payments and follow-up on payments as required.
- Supports the creation of proposals, as required, in response to customer RFPs.
- Acts as a mentor to junior members of the programme management team.
- Qualification in Programme Management or equivalent preferred (PMP or CPM, etc.)
- Previous experience of aircraft modification/integration projects would be distinctly advantageous
- Engineering or Programme Management background, ideally within the aerospace industry
- A minimum of 10 years of applicable experience Proficient in all MS Office applications required, including MS Project Ability to travel, sometimes at short notice
- Able to work independently without high levels of supervision (self-motivated, self-starter)
- Ideally have a minimum BS Degree in a STEM field
This company is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
.* If you're interested in this opportunity, please submit your CV via the link provided.* Cubiq Recruitment is recognised as a trusted supplier of permanent, contract and interim recruitment services to the aerospace, technology and manufacturing sectors. Our teams of specialist recruiters operate across all core commercial engineering disciplines and specialist areas of aerospace engineering within Design, CAMO, LAE, Manufacturing, H&S and Facilities Management.
Alert me to jobs like this:
Aerospace Programme Manager in Havant, Hampshire, United Kingdom, Full-Time
Amplify your job search:
Increase interview chances with our downloads and specialist services.CV Help
Expert career advice
Increase interview chances with our downloads and specialist services.Visit Blog
Increase interview chances with our downloads and specialist services.Start Test