Posted on Mar 16, 2023 by Capgemini
SAS Solution Architect
Posted on Mar 16, 2023 by Capgemini
Title: SAS Solution Architect
Location: Any UK Base location (Hybrid)
- As a Cap Gemini Architect you will be assigned to the Cap Gemini HMRC Market Unit working across a number of major Public Sector clients. The team has varied and broad skills and strengths spanning Business and Enterprise Architecture in early life cycle engagements through to delivery. We have Solution Architects with deep technical backgrounds in cloud technologies, software architecture & design, micro-services, platform deployment and application migration. These technology skills are combined with customer facing skills and experience, commercial acumen and a proven delivery track record.
- Design, architecture design and implementation of complex end-to-end SAS 9.4 -> SAS Viya solutions.
- Advising our clients, in terms of architecture/infrastructure, platform and engineering best practices using SAS 9.4 and Viya solutions.
- Challenge the status quo, and provide an alternative point of view as and when required.
- Take ownership of the client requirements, deliverables and accountabilities to ensure adherence to Architecture Governance processes, industry best practices and to maintain consistency with clients' Architecture visio
- Drive the solution development and documentation of solution designs ensuring good architectural practices are observed through the life cycle of the solution development
- Provide oversight of architectural direction for and on behalf of our client
- Working with agile development teams and delivery architects through all phases of the solution life cycle
- Take ownership of the solutions and be the face off to our internal and external senior stakeholders
- Develop excellent working relationships with our clients to become their trusted advisors through boldness and honesty
- Relationship management of the technical relationships with vendors, third parties and the wider Cap Gemini
- Ensure solution delivery is performed according to agreed specification
- Own technical problem management and resolution relevant to the solution development
- Understanding of how SAS works, SAS services, configuration, batch orchestration, SAS in cloud deployments, etc.
- Demonstrable expertise in the areas of information management and BI architectures as well as in the use of multiple SAS products (ideally by a certification).
- Experience in the SAS programming and implementation of Business Intelligence and analytic projects.
- Experience of client-facing roles
Able to set direction, technical scope and to build/lead teams of technical individuals and manage their technical deliverables
- Excellent communication, influencing and facilitation skills, in particular for problem solving/troubleshooting activities
- Assertiveness in dealing with people at all levels within and outside of the delivery organisation, including partner and client organisations
- Issue management, prioritisation and ability to provide pragmatic direction which is consistent with clients' longer-term strategy
- Team working - able to work closely with interdependent projects and deliveries
- Able to demonstrate resilience, flexibility and adapt to changing schedules and priorities
- Demonstrates subject matter expertise in own area, can apply it effectively and is able to apply logic across the board
- Demonstrate knowledge of how to integrate 3rd party products into complex IT estates, manage interdependencies between products and lead end to end delivery in potentially multi-supplier engagements
- Adds personal value: A drive to deliver results and exceed client expectations.
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of over 360,000 team members in more than 50 countries. With its strong 55-year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fueled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2022 global revenues of €22 billion.
Alert me to jobs like this:
SAS Solution Architect in England, United Kingdom, Full-Time
Amplify your job search:
Increase interview chances with our downloads and specialist services.CV Help
Expert career advice
Increase interview chances with our downloads and specialist services.Visit Blog
Increase interview chances with our downloads and specialist services.Start Test