Posted on Mar 16, 2023 by Curo Services
Support Engineer - Windows, Service Desk, troubleshooting, Networking, Server - Permanent
Posted on Mar 16, 2023 by Curo Services
Support Engineer - Windows, Service Desk, troubleshooting, Networking, Server, Datacenter - Permanent
Our global client is seeking a Support Engineer proficient in installation of Desktops, laptops, printers, scanners etc. You will also have experience configuring and troubleshooting Servers, storage, cabling, Switches, Firewalls and WIFI access points.
Employment Type: Permanent
Start Date: April/May 2023
Location: Botcherby, Carlisle (Full-Time Onsite)
- Imaging of new laptop and desktop devices using an agreed Windows10/Windows 11 Build
- Wiping and re-imaging of desktops and laptops on receipt of devices from leavers and/or returned devices, where the device has been previously replaced due to a fault or failure
- Installation, basic configuration and troubleshooting of Apple devices
- Installing device drivers, establishing and troubleshooting connectivity to peripheral devices like printers, scanners and other gauges used by the quality control teams
- Working closely with the infrastructure, application and network teams to troubleshoot issues in the site
- Execution of remedial actions to disable and remote wipe devices reported as lost, unrecoverable or stolen, on the approval of the client
- Ensure that all devices are registered within the Client Endpoint Management solution, ensuring devices are compliant with the Client's endpoint configuration policies
- Management and resolution of all incidents and service requests escalated by the ServiceDesk or other resolver groups
- Own the resolution of all desktop/laptop related issues that cannot be resolved by the remote desktop support team
- Act as the first point of contact for issues raised by the end users, Transfer of Incidents or Service Request to Level 3 support as required to provide resolution, in accordance with the Incident Management process
- Management of desktop encryption, desktop anti-virus/anti-malware solutions and other applications deployed on the users' desktops/laptops. Remediation of exceptions identified in regular reviews and reporting, through follow up with the respective device owners
- Management of desktop and laptop configuration issues as required to adhere to the Client's policies. Remediation of exceptions identified in regular reviews and reporting, through follow up with the respective device owners.
- Manage and provide support for the MS Surface Hubs/LogiTech Tap devices and Audio/Visual equipment in the meeting rooms
- Providing onsite any issues related to all printers that are escalated to the Service Desk by the Client's Managed Print Service Provider
Networking & Security
- Deploy the Initial configuration on Firewalls, Switches and Wi-Fi access points and handover to the centralised team for advanced configuration
- Work with the remote teams to troubleshoot issues with network connectivity
Datacenter/Server Room Support
- Onsite support of hardware and software including installation, testing and maintenance, located within the Client's Data Centre facilities
- Installation and management of firmware updates to hardware devices as required to resolve Incidents and Events or to maintain hardware in accordance with Supplier support life cycles
- Hands and Eyes support for all issues in the data center that cannot be resolved remotely
- Management and maintenance of the Data Centre general hygiene, including removal of all packaging, responding to and resolving hardware alerts in a timely manner and escalating any health and safety risks to the Client.
- Installations and management within the data center facilities as required to provide power and network connectivity to hardware devices
- Co-ordinating with the Client designated partner for the removal and secure disposal of technologies from the Data Centre facilities as required by the Client
- Monitoring of environmental conditions (heat, humidity) within the Client's data center facility during site visits and escalation of any risk to the Client's facilities team
- Monitoring of hardware health through Client provided monitoring tools and regular visual inspections of the Data Centre facilities as and when the onsite team visits unmanned locations
- Management of scheduled power down activities, annually, in response to an imminent risk to the Client or from time to time as the Client is required by the landlords of the Client's offices
- Management of support requests to third party providers as required for scheduled maintenance and power down activities
To apply for this Support Engineer permanent job, please click the button below and submit your latest CV.
Curo Services endeavours to respond to all applications, however this may not always be possible during periods of high volume. Thank you for your patience.
Curo Services is a trading name of Curo Resourcing Ltd and acts as an Employment Business for contract and temporary recruitment as well as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
Alert me to jobs like this:
Support Engineer - Windows, Service Desk, troubleshooting, Networking, Server - Permanent in Carlisle, Cumbria, United Kingdom, Full-Time
Amplify your job search:
Increase interview chances with our downloads and specialist services.CV Help
Expert career advice
Increase interview chances with our downloads and specialist services.Visit Blog
Increase interview chances with our downloads and specialist services.Start Test