Posted on Mar 15, 2023 by Capgemini
AWS Data Engineer
Posted on Mar 15, 2023 by Capgemini
Job Title: AWS Data Engineer
Whilst you may have any of our UK offices as a base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home during the week at short notice. Capgemini requires our employees to be geographically mobile and to be able to travel to customer site to perform our jobs.
Who you'll be working with
The Cloud Data Platforms team is part of the Insights and Data Global Practice and has seen strong growth and continued success across a variety of projects and sectors, Cloud Data Platforms is the home of the Data Engineers, Platform Engineers, Solutions Architects and Business Analysts who are focused on driving our customers digital and data transformation journey using the modern cloud platforms.
We specialise on using the latest frameworks, reference architectures and technologies using AWS, Azure and GCP and continue to grow and are looking for talented individuals who want to join our high performing team, If you would like to develop your career as part of a team of highly skilled professionals who are passionate about increasing the value of the data and analytics in organisations you have come to the right place.
The focus of your role
We are looking for strong AWS Data Engineers who are passionate about Cloud technology. Your work will be to:
- Design and build data engineering solutions and support the planning and implementation of data platform services including sizing, configuration, and needs assessment
- Build relationships with client stakeholders to establish a high-level of rapport and confidence
- Work with clients, local teams and offshore resources to deliver modern data products
- Work effectively on client sites, Capgemini offices and from home
- Use AWS Data focused Reference Architecture
- Design and build data service APIs
- Analyze current business practices, processes and procedures and identify future opportunities for leveraging AWS services
- Implement effective metrics and monitoring processes
- Have a deep, hands-on design and engineering background in AWS, across a wide range of AWS services with the ability to demonstrate working on large engagements
- Experience of AWS tools (eg Athena, Redshift, Glue, EMR)
- Java, Scala, Python, Spark, SQL
- Experience of developing enterprise grade ETL/ELT data pipelines.
- Deep understanding of data manipulation/wrangling techniques
- Demonstrable knowledge of applying Data Engineering best practices (coding practices to DS, unit testing, version control, code review).
- Big Data Eco-Systems, Cloudera/Hortonworks, AWS EMR, GCP DataProc or GCP Cloud Data Fusion.
- NoSQL Databases. Dynamo DB/Neo4j/Elastic, Google Cloud Datastore.
- Snowflake Data Warehouse/Platform
- Streaming technologies and processing engines, Kinesis, Kafka, Pub/Sub and Spark Streaming.
- Experience of working with CI/CD technologies, Git, Jenkins, Spinnaker, GCP Cloud Build, Ansible etc
- Experience building and deploying solutions to Cloud (AWS, Google Cloud) including Cloud provisioning tools
Nice to have
- Knowledge of other cloud platforms
- Google Data Products tools knowledge (eg BigQuery, Dataflow, Dataproc, AI Building Blocks, Looker, Cloud Data Fusion, Dataprep, etc.) Relevant certifications
Why Capgemini is unique
At Capgemini we don't just believe in Diversity & Inclusion, we actively go out to making it a working reality. Driven by our core values and Active Inclusion Campaign, we build environments where you can bring you whole self to work.
We aim to build an environment where employees can enjoy a positive work-life balance. Through our New Normal campaign, we are looking to embed hybrid working in all that we do and make flexible working arrangements the day-to-day reality for our people. All UK employees are eligible to request flexible working arrangements.
Get the future you want
Growing clients' businesses while building a more sustainable, more inclusive future is a tough ask. But when you join Capgemini, you join a thriving company and become part of a diverse collective of free-thinkers, entrepreneurs and industry experts. A powerful source of energy that drives us all to find new ways technology can help us reimagine what's possible. It's why, together, we seek out opportunities that will transform the world's leading businesses. And it's how you'll gain the experiences and connections you need to shape your future. By learning from each other every day, sharing knowledge and always pushing yourself to do better, you'll build the skills you want. And you'll use them to help our clients leverage technology to grow their business and give innovation that human touch the world needs. So, it might not always be easy, but making the world a better place rarely is. Capgemini. Get The Future You Want.
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of over 340,000 team members in more than 50 countries. With its strong 55-year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fueled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2021 global revenues of €18 billion.
Alert me to jobs like this:
AWS Data Engineer in England, United Kingdom, Full-Time
Amplify your job search:
Increase interview chances with our downloads and specialist services.CV Help
Expert career advice
Increase interview chances with our downloads and specialist services.Visit Blog
Increase interview chances with our downloads and specialist services.Start Test