Posted on Mar 14, 2023 by Resource Solutions - GSC
Posted on Mar 14, 2023 by Resource Solutions - GSC
Job Title Portfolio Management Team
Business Unit ABN AMRO Asset Based Finance, N.V., UK Branch
Permanent - £65- 85,000
1.1 Place in the organisation
The Portfolio Manager (PM) reports to the Head of Commercial Support UK.
1.2 Context of the job
ABN AMRO Asset Based Finance, N.V., ("ABF") located in Utrecht and Den Bosch (the Netherlands), is internationally cross border organised and has operating companies in Germany, Belgium, France, the United Kingdom and the Netherlands. ABF is designed as a specialised business company within ABN AMRO Bank. In the UK, the company consists of about 190 FTEs. In the UK, ABF is positioned between the high street banks and the independents, with the balance sheet and structuring capabilities of a high street bank and the flexibility of an independent. ABF's market share in UK is just over 2%, with the ambition to grow to 5%.
ABF provides Leasing and Commercial Finance/Asset Based Lending solutions to customers in all segments: SME, corporates and large corporates including international clients. In the Netherlands this is mainly to ABN AMRO clients, in other countries this is mainly to non ABN AMRO clients. In the smaller end of the segments, the focus in on having a digital offering, with standardised and harmonised products and processes. In the larger segments, the focus is on a coverage model, with a modular product offering that allows for bespoke solutions.
1.3 Department information
Portfolio Management (PM) reports up into the UK Managing Director of ABF UK, via the Head of Commercial Support (UK).
PM focuses exclusively on the Lease/asset finance side of the ABF UK business, which currently consists of circa 200 UK medium to large corporates with exposures to ABF generally ranging from £1m to £70m across the core Lease product set (finance lease, operating lease, hire purchase, loans, and contract receivables).
PM's core function is to take responsibility for the credit and general risk assessment and management, from a first line (ie commercial) perspective, of this existing client portfolio. The main activity is assessing, writing and submitting periodic credit reviews to the Credit Risk Management function for approval, but also involves covenant and general performance monitoring (eg reviewing MI and forecasts), close management of concern cases, and working with the Head of Commercial Support as required.
PM will also undertake a number of general functions in support of the business/Head of Sales Support, as and when required.
2.1 Purpose of the job
- Take ownership for the performance of periodic credit and risk assessments of a portfolio of clients. Writing and submitting reviews to asses client and guarantor performance and risks, working closely with the Relationship Director (RD) and Credit Risk Management team to ensure suitable risk management of the portfolio.
- Understand and ensure portfolio is managed and monitored in compliance with all group policies and processes.
- Work with RD's in proposing extensions, modifications and renewals.
- Work directly with clients and RD's to obtain all necessary financial statements and transaction information in order to create and analyse funding requests
- Prepare financial spreads and risk rating score cards
- Conduct company, industry and market analysis to further assess obligor and guarantor credit quality
- Monitor credit status and quality of customer exposure on a regularly scheduled basis, including assessment of current risk rating
- Monitor covenant testing for the UK portfolio
- Test obligor and guarantor operating performance against original underwriting and projections upon receipt of required reporting information (monthly, quarterly, semi-annually, annually), running sensitivity analyses when appropriate.
- Support and assist UK team as workload dictates
- Work independently and as part of a deal team as and when required
- Complete other duties and special projects as assigned by Head of Sales Support.
- Liaise with AAL Utrecht Headquarters and ABN AMRO Bank in Amsterdam on specific structures.
2.2 Key result areas
- Targets will be aligned with group targets on financial performance (revenue, profit, balance sheet growth, portfolio mix, risk and costs) and risk management
- Performance Management & Measurement are conducted in respect of output and behaviour.
- Knowledge and Experience
Required level and content of education
Degree level education is preferable.
AAT, ACCA, CFA, ACT or other banking qualifications are desirable but not a requirement.
Required employment experience/skills
- At least 3 years direct credit analysis or credit underwriting experience, specifically of lending facilities into mid to large corporate entities (ideally in the UK).
- Knowledge of lending/asset finance/structured finance/corporate banking market, products and activities.
- Experience in general risk management and working to complex processes and procedures.
- Ability to understand and interpret financial statements, management information (including cashflow analysis and forecasting), assessing sensitivity analyses, and monitoring covenant compliance.
- Advanced understanding of financial ratios and business principles with a strong analytical skill set and an ability to question assumptions and make considered, well balanced recommendations for approval to the Credit Risk function.
- Highly motivated and ambitious, with high energy levels and ability to prioritise, manage own workloads, and multi-task effectively.
- Willingness to learn and self-develop.
- Solution driven, pro-active and with a can-do mentality.
- Good general risk management knowledge.
- Ability to develop and manage positive relationships with key stakeholders across a wide spectrum of roles (internal and external).
Alert me to jobs like this:
Portfolio Manager in City, London, United Kingdom, Full-Time
Amplify your job search:
Increase interview chances with our downloads and specialist services.CV Help
Expert career advice
Increase interview chances with our downloads and specialist services.Visit Blog
Increase interview chances with our downloads and specialist services.Start Test