Posted on Mar 1, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
Surgical Technician - Surgery 001 - FT Days Monday through Friday 7am - 330pm. 8am-430pm on call days. Evening & weekend call required, rotational basis. - St Mary's Hospital - Amsterdam, NY
Why Join Ascension?
Since its beginning in 1903, St. Mary's in Amsterdam, NY, part of Ascension, has provided compassionate care to the patients it serves giving special attention to the poor and vulnerable populations in the area including Amsterdam and the surrounding areas which sit at the feet of the majestic Adirondack Mountains. Patients, physicians and associates prefer us because of our reputation for excellence and service, and our commitment to safety and quality. Our Catholic health ministry is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care, which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities. We are advocates for a compassionate and just society through our actions and our words. St. Mary's features an award-winning acute care hospital, primary and specialty care centers throughout Fulton and Montgomery counties, more than 30 behavioral health services for persons in Fulton, Montgomery and Hamilton counties, a full continuum of physical rehabilitation services and a 160-bed nursing home. The organization has earned exceptional national rankings for excellence in medicine and has a continuing commitment to provide an exceptional patient experience.
What You Will Do
As a Surgical Technician with St. Mary's Hospital -NY, you will have the opportunity to facilitate the safe and efficient performance of surgical procedures.
- Prepares surgical operating suite with sterile drapes and sterile solutions as well as appropriate sterile and non-sterile instruments and supplies.
- Hands required/requested instruments and supplies to surgeon during surgery.
- Assists with preparing, transporting, positioning and draping patients.
- Maintains instruments in an organized manner and monitors/tracks instruments counts throughout procedures.
- Demonstrates competence in performing procedures according to established guidelines.
- Provides for the maintenance and cleaning of instruments and specific equipment. Assures that case-specific instruments are ready for surgery and appropriate for age.
- Reports any changes observed in the condition or behavior of patients and any unusual incidents.
What You Will Need
Education & Work Experience:
- HS required; Associate's degree preferred.
- Certification preferred; required within 1 year of hire.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Supplemental Health Care
Supplemental Health Care
Southwest General Health Center
Yavapai Regional Medical Center