CNC Turret Press Operator 1st, 2nd & 3rd Shift (Beaver Dam)
Posted on Feb 28, 2019 by Metalcraft of Mayville
Job ID 2
# of Openings 3
Job Locations US-WI-Beaver Dam
Posted Date 16 hours ago
Type Regular Full-Time
$2000 Shift Bonus For 2nd and 3rd shift positions
Reporting to the 1 st Ops Supervisor this role is primarily responsible for the daily setup and operation of Amada CNC controlled Turret Press with some assistance provided. The Operator may be required to assist other operators as a helper on key work or machines as required.
Please specify the preferred shift when applying.
- Set up and operate a press for routine established work.
- Select correct tooling for the job task with setup documents or supervisor/lead assistance.
- Load, install and correctly set up the tools required with some assistance from a supervisor or a lead.
- Run a manual brake while Turret is running in Automatic
- Perform assigned work to time standards and quality expectations
- Account for time and work completed via online computer data collection system.
- Safely operate a forklift to handle materials and completed work.
- Make routine decisions and use problem solving to resolve basic manufacturing issues or seek assistance.
- Report and document basic material, production and quality control issues.
- Maintain performance log books on assigned area equipment, report deficiencies to the maintenance team.
- Participate in equipment preventative maintenance at the operator level.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have strong metal press forming and basic fabrication background.
- Must have experience with and/or willing to learn programing of a Robotic articulated arm material handler
- Competent at basic dimensional measuring and able to quickly learn the use of precision measurement tools.
- Demonstrated competency in basic shop math.
- Basic ability to read and understand blueprints and other shop drawing aids.
- Ability to work with various types of metal forming constraints with guidance.
- Ability to use a forklift.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively implement or respond to change.
- Work in an efficient and timely manner
- Aptitude to take orders and execute the same efficiently
- Demonstrated detail orientation, self-motivation skills and ability to multi-task
- Education and/or Experience
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a manufacturing environment is strongly desired.
- Basic Knowledge and understanding of fabrication, hydraulic press and/or punch operations including basic set up is desired.
Metalcraft of Mayville is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity