Accountant - Corporate Accounting
Posted on Feb 26, 2019 by Revantage Corporate Services
Job ID 2
We are looking for an organized and driven Accountant - Corporate Accounting to join our fast-growing team at Revantage Corporate Services. The Accountant - Corporate Accounting will maintain the accounting records and general ledger for corporate cost centers, prepare financial statements and budget to actual variance analysis, assist with the budget and reforecast process, calculate and bill allocation of expenses to portfolio companies, and assist with the preparation of financial data for quarterly board meetings, internal management and Blackstone.
As the Accountant - Corporate Accounting, one is held accountable to, however not limited to, the following job functions:
- Provides excellent customer service to corporate cost centers, portfolio companies and other accounting customers insuring that their information needs and reporting requirements are met.
- Responsible for the monthly closing process for corporate cost centers and/or one or more Portfolio Companies with varied organizational structures and reporting requirements. Prepares schedules and reconciliations to support general ledger balances for corporate cost centers and bank reconciliations.
- Assists in the preparation of the annual budget and periodic reforecast for corporate cost centers and calculates the allocation of the budgeted costs to the portfolio companies supported by Revantage.
- Produces monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and budget to actual variance analysis for Revantage and/or one or more Portfolio Companies.
- Collaborates with cost center managers to calculate allocation of cost center expenses to portfolio companies supported by Revantage. Prepares and bills cost allocations to portfolio companies and underlying properties, prepares true-up of estimated billings, tracks payment, and reconciles inter-company receivables and payables.
- Assists in the preparation of materials for board meetings, management requests and Blackstone requests.
- Works with external audit and consulting firms as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office (must be proficient in Excel), accounting software and databases.
- Excellent communication, problem solving and interpersonal skills necessary.
- Ability to multi-task and manage shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- CPA Certification