Posted on Feb 22, 2019 by Torsion Consulting
My client is actively seeking a new Android Developer.
This is what they need;
- 3+ years commercial Android development experience (Android SDK, Java)
- Experience building UI
- Knowledge of object-oriented design and practical application, including MVVM
- Knowledge in Dependency Injection frameworks (Dagger2)
- An ability to deliver solutions with Android UI/UX principles in mind
- Quality-led approach to development (UI/Unit Testing)
- Solid understanding and practical knowledge of the full mobile development and application life cycle
- Excellent communication skills across all levels of the organisation
- 9.30 - 5.30
- Telephone interview
- Face-to-face or test.
- Face-to-face if needed.
My client believes that fairer access to technology will make the world a better place. Their focus is on improving smartphone access in countries where credit systems are underdeveloped or non-existent. As a socially conscious company, they aim to improve lives and narrow the technology access gap.
They are a small startup, so you will have an immediate impact on both the Android team and the company as a whole.
They are looking for an individual to join the Android team. Specifically, they are looking for someone who is passionate about clean code and architecture organisation, and someone who is able to help clarify and define features before they get worked on.
As an Android Developer you will:
- Develop and extend the reach of our existing applications for the Android platform -
- Collaborate with the product owner to deliver apps and continue to optimise their performance post-release
- Develop and produce functional solutions in accordance with architecture design standards and code standards
- Ensure projects are delivered on time and to a high standard
- Take part in code reviews for other developers
- Contribute to continuous improvements in the team resulting in greater efficiency, quality, and productivity
Bonus points for:
- Experience working with low-level Android
- Reactive programming using RxJava and RxAndroid
- Experience working with different android OEM manufacturers
Up to £65k plus benefits for the right candidate.
Interview slots are available now so get your CV to me as soon as possible.