Commercial Estates - Retail/Hotel/Hospitality/Restuarants
Posted on Feb 21, 2019 by Morgan Philips UK Limited
Estates Surveyor Reporting to: Senior Acquisitions & Estates Manager
Department: Property - An opportunity has arisen in the property department for an estates surveyor.
Based at head office, you will report to the senior acquisitions & estates manager and will manage a variety of daily estates matters, liaising closely with our property, legal, operations and finance teams.
- Full responsibility for managing the commercial and residential ancillary estate, together with managing those external agents appointed on behalf of the company.
- Full responsibility for managing all service charges paid in the estate, challenging and ensuring best value for the business
- Full responsibility for managing BIDS paid by the company across the estate, liaising with the operations and pub teams on all BIDS
- Managing day-to-day, general landlord/tenant queries, involving lease obligations, liaising with property managers and other internal departments
- Dealing with any neighbour issues, such as trespass matters, access and egress rights etc
- Working closely with the in-house property solicitor on matters requiring escalation -preparing weekly and monthly update reports for the business, as required.
Key skills and experience:
- Member of RICS (preferred), with post-qualification experience
- Experience of working with leases and other legal property documentation
- Confidence when dealing with landlords and managing agents
- Ability to provide clear, concise and unambiguous information
- Professional and courteous manner, with excellent organisational and communications skills
- Strong team player, coupled with the motivation to work independently
- Experience of working in a busy office environment
Please note you will receive an automated response advising you that we have received your CV.
Hudson is part of Morgan Philips Group and is a leading provider of permanent recruitment, contract professionals and talent management solutions worldwide.
We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.