Posted on Feb 20, 2019 by IntaPeople
On offer is a highly competitive salary and benefits package Dependent on experience.
The Engineering Manager serves as a strategic business partner and part of the broader business management team. As a part of this team, the Engineering Manager will be responsible for the planning and execution of all product development for the product line thus improving the position of the company on a global scale with competitive products and innovative technologies.
The Engineering Manager will lead the coordination of resources, project planning and execution, technology discovery, design and application, and the use of data-based problem-solving tools and analysis. The scope includes both incremental changes to products to address the Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost needs of the business as well as innovation through new product development, in all phases of the design process from conceptualization to product launch and commercialisation.
Competencies, Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering required, advanced degree a plus
- Minimum 5 years of demonstrated achievement in increasing responsibility in a cross-functional, product development environment
- Experience leading and mentoring development teams, chairing design and code reviews, project tracking and reporting. Project Management experience required, including the use of project tracking and reporting tools
- Foundational engineering knowledge in mechanical or electro-mechanical disciplines
- Leadership, management and team building skills; ability to perform and act as a change agent
- Disciplined analytical approach to problem solving with root cause analysis skills
- Process and performance improvement skills
- Project management and organization skills
- Financial and commercial acumen
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing and to build relationships at all levels
- Proven achievement of positive impact to the bottom line
- Proficient designing moulded parts, sheet metal parts, and associated mechanical or electro-mechanical assemblies
- Demonstrated competence in the use of Solid Works and other CAD development tools
- Extensive knowledge of various types of manufacturing equipment and the limitations
- Must be able to design for reliability in harsh environments and for agency (UL, CE) approvals.
- Confident and positively driven (can do, will do attitude)
- High integrity
- Passion for process improvements and personal contribution
- High intellectual capability and capacity, curious and ambitious
- Open and direct management style
- Emotionally resilient
- Able to prioritise, plan and organise effectively
- Persuasive and credible, with outstanding written and oral communication
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd
Opus Recruitment Solutions Ltd