Posted on Feb 20, 2019 by X4 Group
£30,000 - £40,000 pension plus benefits
A Structural consultancy practice who are currently taking on a variety of complex projects throughout all sectors both small and high profile. Some of their recently won projects include a high end multi-storey residential development of 200 units, a large healthcare project in the South of the UK and various high-end leisure projects. With a continued influx of multi-million pound projects, this company is on the lookout for a Structural Engineer to lead their business on to further success.
This client boasts a friendly and supportive work environment. Within this opportunity you will have the opportunity to complete your Chartership and eventually build a team of your own. They are looking for individuals eager to progress in their career.
- Carry out element design of members using design software and produce calculations for issue to clients.
- Design and analysis of challenging, non-repetitive structures in steel, timber, concrete, masonry and new sustainable materials
- Carry out design of multi-storey frames with supervision from a Senior Engineer
- Be able to attend basic site/design team meetings, work as part of a wider professional team providing input and advise to clients and Architects
- Have a desire to learn new skills and the ability to consider the wider engineering issues related to the work being undertaken
Skills and requirements
- 1-5 years' experience of the structural design and detailing of steel, reinforced concrete and R.C.
- Design experience in the residential, retail, leisure, commercial, healthcare and educational sectors.
- Experience with site visits and meetings
- Experienced working with Tekla Building Designer and Tedds
- Be fully conversant with British Standards and equivalent Eurocodes
The role offers a variety of benefits including a competitive salary, car allowance, pension and 25+ days holiday. They are looking to arrange interviews this week. If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your CV to (see below)