Project Manager I
Posted on Feb 20, 2019 by TDIndustries Inc
Type: Regular Full-Time
Leads or coordinates construction projects such as developing a new facility; the addition, expansion or extension of an existing facility; or renovation/alterations to a facility in collaboration with project team, construction site and management. Develops assignments, timetables and responsibilities for team members for the duration of the project. Organizes and directs construction personnel and ensures that materials and equipment resources are delivered on time.
Established in 1946, TDIndustries has developed into one of America's premier Mechanical Construction and Facility Services companies serving clients through the full life-cycle of a facility, to include engineering, construction, operations and maintenance. For 70 years, our employee-owned company has provided innovative services that optimize the performance of world-class mechanical and electrical systems that serve healthcare facilities, hotels, schools, sports arenas, mission critical facilities and industrial complexes and other essential institutions.
Our employees, whom we call "Partners" are the heart of our success and what sets us apart from our competitors. FORTUNE Magazine recognized TDIndustries as one of the "100 Best Places to Work", "Top 50 Training Organizations" and "Top 30 Companies to Retire From" due to our solid commitment to the personal and professional development of each employee.
- Responsible for quality projects being built on time and within budget. Provides periodic status and end of contract cost and budget analysis. Ensures all scope changes are processed and incorporated into the current scope of work in a timely manner. Reviews project estimates and verifies accuracy of entry into job cost system as well as accuracy of initial estimate.
- Reviews various reports to determine project status and determine actions required. Provides periodic status and end of contract cost and budget analysis.
- Conducts pre-job planning meetings and documents meeting results, ensures all action items are completed. Develops and keeps current all project schedules. Ensures all schedules mesh with the master project schedule.
- Establishes and executes subcontracts and equipment buy-outs to support schedules and budgets.
- Communicates all project issues to the appropriate level of management in a timely manner.
- Assembles the estimate for the project and reviews the final estimate and ensures the proper loading of those numbers into the project cost system.
- Prepares and submits monthly contract billings to ensure proper cash flow during contract performance.
- Manages conflict resolution with customers, vendors, trades or Partners.
- Identifies and develops policies and procedures for continuous aggressive improvement.
Bachelor's degree in Construction Sciences, Mechanical Engineering or similar engineering degree is required.
2-5 years of experience.
Excellent organizational skills.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Excellent presentation skills.
Able to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach.