Posted on Feb 14, 2023 by Capgemini
Posted on Feb 14, 2023 by Capgemini
The job on offer
We are currently looking for a Wintel/Virtualisation Engineer to join our highly experienced and very professional support team in the Highlands. Under direction from Team Lead, you will be required to complete day to day management and support of the server infrastructure.
- Overall Incident Management/Change Management/Problem Management
- Work within a dedicated on-site support team
- Support an extensive Windows and Cisco server environment.
- Support Window Server 2003/2008/2012/2016
- Monitor services using Uptime environment management toolset
- Implement changes to the existing environment and implement new services
- Work within a defined SLA and proactively manage the team ticket queue
- Work with other 3rdparties to collectively support the same customer
- Document existing and new service environments
- Take part in a 24/7 on-call rota
- Out of Hours working is an expected part of the job
Skills & Experience
- Must be a UK National (not dual National). Must have SC clearance or be eligible to obtain SC clearance
- MST WinOS server W2003, W2008, W2012, W2016.
- HP/Cisco Server infrastructure
- Citrix XenServer environment
- MST High Performance computing environments
- VBlock VM Hosting infrastructure
- ESXi/VMware VM services
- Active Directory
- DNS, DHCP,WINS
- Excellent communication skills, ability to build & maintain excellent working relationships with internal & external customers
- Systematic, disciplined & analytical approach to problem solving
Why Capgemini is unique
At Capgemini we don't just believe in Diversity & Inclusion, we actively go out to making it a working reality. Driven by our core values and Active Inclusion Campaign, we build environments where you can bring you whole self to work.
We aim to build an environment where employees can enjoy a positive work-life balance. Through our New Normal campaign, we are looking to embed hybrid working in all that we do and make flexible working arrangements the day-to-day reality for our people. All UK employees are eligible to request flexible working arrangements.
Get the future you want
Growing clients' businesses while building a more sustainable, more inclusive future is a tough ask. But when you join Capgemini, you join a thriving company and become part of a diverse collective of free-thinkers, entrepreneurs and industry experts. A powerful source of energy that drives us all to find new ways technology can help us reimagine what's possible. It's why, together, we seek out opportunities that will transform the world's leading businesses. And it's how you'll gain the experiences and connections you need to shape your future. By learning from each other every day, sharing knowledge and always pushing yourself to do better, you'll build the skills you want. And you'll use them to help our clients leverage technology to grow their business and give innovation that human touch the world needs. So, it might not always be easy, but making the world a better place rarely is. Capgemini. Get The Future You Want.
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of over 340,000 team members in more than 50 countries. With its strong 55-year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fueled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2021 global revenues of €18 billion.
Get the Future You Want
Alert me to jobs like this:
Wintel Engineer in Barrow-in-furness, Cumbria, United Kingdom, Full-Time
Amplify your job search:
Increase interview chances with our downloads and specialist services.CV Help
Expert career advice
Increase interview chances with our downloads and specialist services.Visit Blog
Increase interview chances with our downloads and specialist services.Start Test