Posted on Feb 19, 2019 by Experis IT
Marine Engineer - SC Preferred - 3 Month Contract - Haslar, Gosport
My client is looking for a Marine Engineer -who preferably holds current SC Clearance for an initial 3-month contract based in Haslar, Gosport. The role will be full time on site and may require the client can offer a competitive daily rate.
Outline of duties:
- To produce tender-level designs for Prime-mover, Gearbox, ELMOTS, Shafting, Props, Rudders, Thrusters, Deck machinery systems in ship's design to tender level.
Will include, but not limited to, design of:
- HP seawater firefighting systems
- LP seawater cooling systems
- FW cooling system
- Fuel supply system (incl. purification)
- Lube Oil supply system (incl. purification)
- HVAC system (working with OEM)
- Chilled Water system o Bilge & ballast systems
- Domestic hot and cold FW systems
- Lead in production of systems and equipment specifications and work with equipment suppliers to derive equipment lists for each system.
- Working as part of a combined team, primary role is to lead all relevant marine engineering activities, ranging from traditional design and analysis of propulsion chain (including main machinery) to being capable of conducting outline design of main marine fluid systems (eg fuel supply, lube oil, seawater systems, cooling systems etc). The candidate will be able to lead small teams, make decisions and report into the Chief Engineer.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of marine propulsion chain engineering, including requirements of Class notations
- Thorough knowledge of marine fluid system engineering, including requirements of Class notations
- Ability to produce system specifications for discussion and negotiation with equipment manufacturers
- Ability to lead small project team
- Good awareness of design for production
- Understanding of design development of vessels and systems
- Ability to manage the requirements of multidisciplinary stakeholders
- Competent in the use of AutoCAD, Microsoft Office and Ship Constructor or similar.
- A good understanding of the Commercial and UK Military Marine industry and associated contacts base
Experience & Qualifications
- BEng/MEng Marine Engineering or equivalent
- To be eligible or working towards Chartered Engineer status.
- 8 years plus relevant experience in engineering/systems engineering or requirements engineering