Posted on Feb 19, 2019 by Sanderson Recruitment Plc
The purpose of the role is to act as the principle Finance Control lead for a Geographical area operating under both Open Book and Closed Book Commercial Agreements, manage a team of two, work closely with senior management and drive continious improvement.
- Review of the both weekly/monthly profit and loss statements with the provision of a business commentary including variance analysis.
- Manage and develop a team of two (Operational Accountant and Finance Analyst).
- Support the Regional Operations Director with commercial and financial decision making.
- Provide detailed analysis to the operations of the key business performance drivers and internal reporting trend analysis, and assist in building and developing of profit improvement plans.
- Collaborate with the customer and develop a customer reporting suite.
- Ensure that robust commercial and financial solutions are implemented and monitored to optimise profit and minimise associated risk.
- Responsibility for the preparation of the annual budget and quarterly forecasts in conjunction with the Sector Director and their senior management team.
- The finance lead for the Budget and Forecast presentation to Directors and Senior Management.
- As part of the audit process you will liaise with external auditors and ensure provision of information is supplied in a timely manner.
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA or qualified by experience
- Good oral and written communication skills which are effective and persuasive.
- Creative thinker with an outward looking approach to solving problems
- Robust influencing skills.
- Ability to effectively plan and prioritise work ensuring all reasonable deadlines are met.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office with Strong Excel skills.
- Practical experience of financial analysis and reporting.
- Detailed and up to date knowledge of good financial practice.
- Finance Business Partnering.
- Leadership experience
- Open book and closed book Accounting experience.
- 3/5 years experience within a similar customer facing role.
- Experience of supporting a field based operational business.
- Experience of working within the Logistics industry.
This is an incredible opportunity and one for someone seeking a fast paced role, leadership development, business partnering and using their technical reporting and management accounts skills.
If you would like to be considered for this position please do apply or email (see below)
Real Staffing Group
TD Group Limited
Sopra Steria Recruitment Limited
IT GLOBAL (UK) Limited