Assistant Director BY1
Posted on Feb 16, 2019 by Rainbow Child Care Center
Expected Working Hours
The primary work hours range from open to close daily, Monday through Friday. This is a full-time position with the expectation of working a schedule generally opposite of the Director (i.e. opening/closing). Some evenings or weekends may be required to address emergency or weather-related situations, attend or run trainings, meetings, job fairs or other events. Additional hours may be required, especially during the Director s absence.
The center property is comprised of a combination of exterior parking lots, exterior landscaping, indoor and outdoor play equipment, a variety of indoor classrooms, indoor common areas, a kitchen, buses or other company vehicles and office space. Management of all center property is required.
Occasional travel is expected for marketing events, assistance at other centers, and attendance at training sessions.
Responsibilities Essential Functions
All functions are performed under the guidance and supervision of the Center Director, while providing general support and assistance to the Center s operations. The division of primary responsibilities between the Center Director and Assistant Director, may vary by center.
- Administer and uphold all policies of RCCC, stay up to date on all policy changes and ensure staff, parents and children adhere to the policies.
- Maintain supplies, meet reporting deadlines, issue verbal and written communications on behalf of the center, participate in conference calls, training sessions, and webinars
- Manage time and work flow to meet deadlines and respond to requests in a timely manner, including staying current with emails
- Maintain communication with RM regarding all issues relating to the financial stability and orderly operation of the center, in absence of the Director
- Utilize company tools to control labor percentage and accountable expenses to maintain budget targets
- Meet all licensing and sanitation requirements in the center, including but not limited to; maintaining required in-service hours and ensuring staff does the same, stay up to date on licensing changes, and uphold all health policies
- Document and report possible cases of child abuse or neglect in accordance with State Regulations and company policies
- Be the face of Rainbow, be tour ready at all times, represent and promote Rainbow in a positive manner, be available to parents at all times, respond timely to concerns and take proactive efforts to prevent dis-enrollments, involve Director or RM
- Complete all required enrollment and financial agreements forms, maintain child/family files, and ensure proper billing utilizing child management software
- Proactively foster positive family relations, plan and attend Parent Involvement Committee meetings (PIC), issue newsletters, calendars, plan events, hold meetings and conferences, facilitate teacher/parent communications, retention initiates
- Conduct family orientations, enforce Family Handbook policies, maintain documentation
- Be knowledgeable of FTE budget, manage center to meet enrollment targets
- Prepare and implement marketing plans, manage CRM, response to leads timely
- Maintain contacts within the community; such as local elementary schools; libraries, chamber of commerce, and fire/police and represent the center at community functions when necessary
- Ensure safety through proper maintenance of building, grounds, and equipment, fulfill general cleaning and upkeep of facility, including entering maintenance needs into Manager Plus +
- Respond to safety and security concerns in a timely manner, update door codes, be proactive in recognizing potential issues
- Use available tools to recruit and hire adequate staff to maintain ratio s in classrooms, partner with Director or RM and HR as needed for support
- Promote positive employee relations throughout center, including retention initiatives
- Utilize Director, RM and HR as required to manage employee behaviors and policy violations
- Submit all employee related documentation to appropriate department in a timely manner, including but not limited to; new hire documentation, termination documents, FMLA/LOA requests, work comp information, and unemployment correspondence
- Ensure all staff are on boarded properly, including but not limited to; a complete file, meeting all licensing requirements (background check, education, and training), and completing all orientation and training
- Maintain complete and accurate employee files, including conducting periodic audits
Conduct performance evaluations on staff per company guidelines
- Hold staff meetings, issue regular communications to teachers (verbal and written), keep parents up to date on staff changes
- Uphold and maintain Quality Program Standards and The Learning Environment Standards throughout center
- Maintain state Quality Rating and Accreditation standards as required
- Maintain high quality care and education utilizing The Creative Curriculum and proprietary curriculum components, including but not limited to; Baby Sign Language.com, Ready, Set, GROW! Fit Foundations, Language Immersion Spanish, and Zoo-phonics
- Provide teachers with curriculum resources, training materials, and professional development opportunities to support learning environment
- Review weekly lesson plans to ensure lessons are developmentally appropriate and required activities are implemented including the thematic units and Pre-K Academy monthly projects
- Maintain the Child Assessment Portfolio System as well as Parent / Teacher Conferences, and promote the Child Success Plan system to support children and teachers
- Utilize current reporting procedures to timely report all incidents to the proper channel (CI Team, RM, Licensing etc), in absence of Director
- Inform management of potential exposures, such as liability cases and lawsuits
Should be in the final stages of completing a Bachelor s Degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development or a relevant field (or State Licensing minimum education) and at least three (3) years of experience in a child care setting. Must be able to meet all licensing requirements, per state guidelines.
Walking, standing, sitting, kneeling, bending, stooping, reaching, pushing, pulling, grasping and lifting will be required to manage the center and oversee/attend to all children s needs, and perform any and all positions in the center, as needed.
Associated topics: administrative assistant, administrative officer, administrative staff, administrative support, assist, associate, chief operations officer, front desk, operational assistant, operational support