Senior Project Manager - Software Development
Posted on Feb 15, 2019 by Airlines Reporting Corporation
Job ID: 2
# of Openings: 1
Category: Project and Program Management
ARC is searching for a seasoned Senior Project Manager to manage medium and large complex projects, with costs equal to or greater than $180K. As a Senior Project Manager, you will partner cross-functionally with various business units and the Business Technology organization. You will play a critical role in the planning, scheduling, monitoring and execution of major enhancement projects for existing products or new product development. You will be based at our metro-accessible Arlington, VA headquarters.
If you have a track record of quality and thrive in a team-based environment focused on delivering trusted solutions, proven expertise and flexible technology, then read on.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
What You'll Get to Do:
- Manage the scope, schedule, budget, and conditions of satisfaction for projects while scheduling resources, monitoring task completion, serving as the day-to-day point of contact for stakeholders, and managing stakeholder expectations to ensure projects deliver the agreed upon scope within budget and time constraints.
- Create project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs, project demands and resolve conflicts to mitigate risks.
- Identify project resource needs, coordinate with resource management lead to identify assigned resources, define project team member roles and responsibilities, and ensure healthy team dynamics by leading, coaching and motivating team members to meet project goals and commitments and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Provide overall management for projects, and be accountable for project results. Review expected artifacts, documentation and other deliverables for completion; request missing or incomplete items.
- Ensure approved processes for inception of projects, changes or unexpected influencers, and any other necessary approvals happen during the project lifecycle.
- Proactively identify project issues and risks and create successful action and/or mitigation plans. Resolve and escalate issues and risks in a timely fashion; including communication with stakeholders.
- Create and maintain project process documentation and templates. Review documentation for accuracy, completeness, and obtain necessary approvals. Train ARC staff on project methodologies, processes, and templates.
- Perform PPM tool system administration and provide training to end users.
Skills & Abilities
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- 5+ years of project management of IT projects of medium to large complexity
- Proficiency with Project Management tools (MS Project, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Demonstrated experienced with project management and SDLC methodologies and tools (i.e., Agile, SCRUM, Waterfall, Iterative, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of PMI project management standards and the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) or equivalent methodology.
- Demonstrated experience managing IT projects such as custom software development and COTS implementation projects.
These Skills Would Be Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of release management methodology.
- Experience managing geographically dispersed or off shore teams.
What We Can Offer You:
- Our employees value the flexibility at ARC that allows them to truly balance their professional lives and personal lives.
- We offer a highly competitive, progressive benefits package and hands-on learning and development opportunities.
- Our team is motivated, creative, collaborative and solutions-oriented. We think big, we embrace challenges, and we explore new ideas to lead the way for the travel industry.
- For more than half a century, ARC has been a trusted provider of settlement services, settling more than $86 billion in transactions between airlines and travel agencies each year.
EOE M/F/D/V Females and Minorities Encouraged to Apply