Associate Vice President - Finance
Posted on Feb 15, 2019 by Revantage Corporate Services
Job ID 2
Gateway Industrial Properties is a Blackstone portfolio company, focused on leasing, operating and managing a portfolio of high-quality, well-located industrial assets of over 170 million square feet throughout the U.S.
The Associate - Finance position reports to the VP of Finance. The Finance team is responsible for portfolio level forecasting and planning, financial modeling, due diligence, closings of acquisitions and dispositions, and providing analytical support. This position will assist in the preparation of the financial budgets and the analysis of Gateway's investments, including the preparation of the following: annual budgets, semi-annual reforecasts, property valuations, acquisition due diligence support, disposition analysis, quarterly board meeting materials, monthly reporting packages, cash flow forecasts, lender covenant reporting, capital planning analysis, variance analysis for income statement accounts, and various special projects.
As the Associate - Finance, one is held accountable to, however not limited to, the following job functions:
- Participate in the coordination and execution of the annual budget and semi-annual forecasting processes, primarily involving the preparation, planning, and data review of the analysis.
- Assist in the financial integration and due diligence efforts related to the acquisition and on-boarding of assets onto the Gateway platform with Blackstone, counsel, lenders, third-party consultants, and others.
- Prepare company presentations for the Blackstone and Gateway management teams, including budget/reforecast reviews, monthly operating reports, and quarterly board presentations.
- Perform monthly cash forecasting and liquidity management.
- Assist in disposition due diligence and analysis.
- Aid the coordination of new debt and refinancings with Blackstone and property managers.
- Develop asset management reporting and dashboards, including the integration of new BI tools with demand driver data.
- Work closely with the team to ensure the accuracy of leasing and operational data, utilizing tools such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel.
- Calculate monthly and quarterly valuations of portfolio investments.
- Maintain operational reports/models, create new reporting tools, and perform special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or a business-related field
- Five plus years of real estate financial planning and analysis experience
- PowerPoint experience
- Must have knowledge of US GAAP
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be a motivated self-starter with problem-solving skills, the aptitude to think independently, and the motivation to work with a team in a rapidly changing environment
- Argus experience
- Experience with real estate accounting and/or management systems, particularly with general ledger accounting systems, and Microsoft Word/Excel/Power Point
- CPA certification