Electrical Maintenance Technician
Posted on Feb 15, 2019 by Servicon Systems Inc
Category Facilities Maintenance
Shift Days Monday through Friday
Shift Hours (Start) 6:00 AM
Shift Hours (End) 2:30 PM
Work Shift Schedule 5/40
Overtime Eligible Yes
Relocation Eligibility No
Travel Required None
Background Requirements Criminal History Background Check and E-Verify
Citizenship Must be U.S. Citizen, Lawful Permanent Resident , Refugee/Asylee
Clearance (Live Scan) No
Security Clearance Status None
Security Clearance Type Not Required
Rate of Pay USD $24.00/Hr.
Who We Are
Servicon Systems, Inc. is the leading facilities maintenance contractor servicing the aerospace, industrial, hi-tech, and commercial sectors in southern California, Arizona, and New Mexico. Servicon has built up an impressive customer base which includes primarily Fortune 100 and 500 companies, as well as some of the most successful property management companies in the region.
How We Help Our Customers
- Performs preventive maintenance on machines and associated equipment, to comply with company safety policies and procedures and manufacturer suggested services procedures.
- Installs and repairs electrical systems, apparatus, and electrical and electronic components of industrial machinery and equipment.
- Locates, installs, maintains, test and repairs electronic equipment and circuits by working from procedures, specifications, blueprints, wiring and schematic diagrams, verbal and written instructions and following established electronic practices.
- Understands and installs/repairs PLC controls and interface.
- Diagnoses malfunctioning apparatus such as transformers, motors, and replaces damaged or broken wires and cables. Diagnoses and repairs or replaces faulty electronic components, such as relays, motor starters and printed circuit boards.
- Troubleshoot malfunctioning machinery and discusses malfunction with other maintenance workers, such as the Maintenance Mechanic and/or operators to diagnose malfunction.
- Connects power supply wires to machines and equipment and connects cables and wires between machines and equipment.
- Removes and replaces electric motors and bearings.
- Modifies existing electrical distribution to facilitate new production techniques under the direction of the engineering department.
- Plans layout of wiring and installs wiring, bends, routes and suspends EMT conduit, flex and other pipe, and electrical apparatus in buildings.
- Understands the National Electrical Code and adheres to it throughout the plant.
- Follow all department and company measures to help protect workers from potentially hazardous work methods, processes, or materials.
- Employee responsible for complying with the rules and regulations set forth by Federal, Local, and State government, local client requirement and EH&S procedures.
- Continually seek opportunities to improve our EH&S performance by establishing objectives and targets, measuring progress, and reporting results.
- Other duties may be assigned.
What It Takes to be Successful
- Ability to design, modify and integrate new electronic equipment changes.
- Ability to teach lower level Electricians.
- Work environment will vary considerably depending upon the clients business that can range from heavy industrial environments (aerospace, factories, etc.).
- Long periods of walking, standing, kneeling, reaching, pushing, lifting and other physical demands are required to perform work.
- Minimum of 5 years of combination of related manufacturing experience and electrical training;