Senior Program Manager, Employer Products
Posted on Feb 15, 2019 by Indeed
As the world's number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
We are builders, we are integrators. Tech Services creates and optimizes solutions for a rapidly growing business on a global scale. We work with distributed infrastructure, petabytes of data, and billions of transactions with no limitations on your creativity. You dont have to wait for some architect or manager to tell you what you can work on - you decide the priorities. With tech hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
Indeed program managers are facilitators and motivators embedded across the company, sitting side by side with the teams they support. We work hard to ensure collaboration, communication, and visibility on projects as well as improve processes. We set milestones and help teams reach them. We make plans, but more importantly we set expectations and we reset them when the plans must change.
Ultimately we are responsible for helping teams improve their processes, increase collaboration, and execute on their plans. We're always looking for ways to make things better.
We need a senior manager to oversee a team of experts in software development process and project management.
What you will do:
- Maintain oversight of all projects being managed by your team. Establish standards and expectations for planning and execution. Ensure executive stakeholders have a clear understanding of goals and timelines of plans. Reinforce the concept of failing fast and moving forward.
- Analyze and solve problems across the Indeed ecosystem (people, structures, and processes); identify the things that work together to improve operational health.
- Oversee process improvements across the functional areas where your teams are engaged. Ensure a consistent and shared understanding of best practices across teams and functions.
- Set the standards for communications and reporting. Monitor and provide feedback on communications of your team. Ensure a consistent set of values and cultural awareness exists across the team's communications.
- Influence at a senior leadership level to solve problems affecting how the teams we work with get their work done.
- Oversee the work of other managers and individual contributors. Coach other coaches and recruit other program managers.
- Engage with senior leadership to strategically set vision, goals, and initiatives.
- You have 10+ years experience working with software developers as a project manager, leading cross-functional coordination and team communications to deliver high impact project outcomes in a web technology company.
- You have 5+ years experience managing other project managers.
- You have worked closely with software engineers, QA, product managers and other engineering teams to get high-quality products and features through the software project lifecycle (build, test and release on time).
- You have experience influencing senior management and setting expectations for major cross-functional initiatives.
- You are comfortable talking about technical matters with business people and business matters with technical people.
- You are successful at getting buy-in for your ideas with a demonstrated affinity for metrics.
- You naturally exude team-building, motivating, and conflict-resolving qualities.
- Ability to manage key customer relationships, including senior managers.
- You can analyze information to find trends or diagnose problem areas.
- You are decisive - you gather the data and make informed, critical decisions quickly.
- You capably elicit high level requirements from both business and technical stakeholders, and can translate those into a detailed, prioritized backlog of work actionable by systems engineers and software developers.
- You have executed corporate-wide initiatives: defined project plans, coordinated resources, managed implementation activities, and developed all processes associated with program rollout and ongoing support.
- You have led multiple technical programs for a technology company, leading cross-functional teams to take products to market, ensuring success metrics are informing future efforts, and fine tuning the program as needed.
- You have significant agile/lean experience in a product owner or scrum master role, organizations leveraging lean/agile methodologies and in depth experience with specific agile methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban, or SAFE.
- 5+ years scheduling and budgeting experience.
- Experience developing RFP (Requests for Proposals) for external goods and services.
View our bounty of perks: 
View Indeed's Applicant Privacy Terms: 
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task