Enterprise Content Management 3rd Line Support Team Lead
Posted on Feb 15, 2019 by Wilde Associates
Location: Milton Keynes
Salary: £45,000 to £55,000
Hours of work: 9:00 up to 17:00 with some flexibility
Job Type: Permanent
Job Reference: PH9666
My clients require a true modern IT professional: technical enough to run a team of support analysts, soft skilled enough to effectively manage stakeholders, organized enough to plan and deliver on time. We need a forward thinking, process improving strategist combined with an eye for detail ensuring nothing slips though the net. This is a role for a true all-rounder.
Your professional experience
• Previous team lead experience, ideally supporting complex enterprise scale client server applications
• Strong technical background
• Previous experience with Scrum methodologies and Kanban
• Experience of using Service Now or / and VSTS
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work on their own initiative
• Professional and confident manner and a willingness to promote the use of document management solutions
• Ability to present data simply and effectively
• Understanding of the principles of Document and Records management, ideally gained in a support capacity
• Understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle and experience working with .NET and SQL application developers
• Experience of supporting MicroFocus Records Manager
• Experience of K2, Repstor, Kofax, KTM, Fujitsu scanners and image processing
• Working knowledge of DevOps processes and GDPR
• ITIL v3 Foundation
• Hand's on experience with 1 or more Document Management, Scanning, Workflow or Search products
• Understanding of modern automation toolkits i.e. for Test, Development, Scripting
• Degree level qualified or equivalent
• Qualified through experience
Business Applications is made up of a number of teams providing subject matter expertise on, and responsible for the IT solutions underpinning several service areas.
The Enterprise Content Management team are responsible for several solutions built around MicroFocus Content Manager utilising Repstor, Kofax Total Agility, K2 and custom .NET and SQL applications. Their primary responsibility is to maintain high standards of availability and performance of the solution, however the actual day to day activities will vary significantly dependent upon where the team is within the cycle of analysis, development, test, release and on-going support.
This role is to lead a small team of 3rd line document management support analysts (4-8 FTE). The team responsible for 3rd line support and call resolution, monitoring and resolving of document management, scanning and workflow related errors and facilitation of new fileplan requests. They also assist with the in-house development cycle such as preparing the testing environment, unit testing, package testing and UAT of other applications / regression testing to identify any impact on the ECM solution.
You will be responsible for team management ensuring support and project tasks are logged, resourced and tracked through to completion, that documentation is in place and updated, that the correct processes are followed and improved; increasing team efficiencies through automation and smart-working. Furthermore, you will ensure team members have regular performance reviews, objectives, PDPs and career support.
You will need to be an ambassador for the ECM solution and work with the team to help maintain the quality of the product, increase the usage within the business and strive to improve the user experience in any way they can.
Wilde Associates is working in the capacity of an Employment Agency in respect of this vacancy