Anti-Bribery and Corruption Compliance Director
Posted on Feb 15, 2019 by USAA
The Anti-Bribery & Corruption Compliance Group (ABAC) administers USAA s enterprise anti-corruption program, which includes policies, procedures, and internal controls reasonably designed to comply with applicable anti-corruption laws, including the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and the U.K. Bribery Act, and regulations in the jurisdictions in which USAA operates. The Director manages and leads a staff in the development and implementation of strategic and tactical solutions to protect and minimize ABAC compliance risk to USAA. The Director works with stakeholders throughout USAA, its affiliates, and USAA partners in order to effectively identify and remediate ABAC risk across the enterprise and efficiently implement policies, controls, reporting processes and programs.
Manages and leads a staff in the development and implementation of strategic and tactical solutions to protect and minimize operational compliance risk to USAA. Provides operational compliance oversight for USAA, its affiliates, and USAA partnerships with external companies. Builds effective relationships with industry and regulatory authorities
- Provides oversight and manages the changing regulatory environment
- Directs the review of state and federal regulatory compliance requirements to include analysis of business impact/operational risk assessment for enacted laws/regulations and recommended company compliance actions to insure regulatory compliance
- Proactively identifies strategic and tactical regulatory solutions by providing compliance subject matter expertise for Compliance project/process/product initiatives
- Identifies compliance action plans that have regulatory impact on the company's business
- Directs research and feasibility studies to assess regulatory compliance impacts and recommended actions on Compliance initiatives
- Directs the implementation of appropriate strategic/tactical solutions for compliance business requirements
- Ensures adoption and identifies any outstanding compliance issues
- Directs the monitoring and managing of regulatory requirements and reporting
- Manages federal/state regulatory agency relationships to obtain regulatory approvals and provides required regulatory feedback
- Provides oversight for compliance adherence through self-assessment programs and examinations
- Responsible for personnel actions for staff to include hiring, coaching, employee development, recognition, performance management, promotions, dismissals, and disciplinary action.
- Determines action(s) required to best allocate resources
- Develops, monitors, and analyzes budgetary and/or operation performance of department resources
- Bachelor's degree required OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- 8 or more years of financial services industry experience
- 3 years of leadership experience. Develop and manage talent
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Experience designing and implementing Anti-Bribery & Corruption compliance risk programs involving global financial institutions, including banking organizations
- Experience providing analytical and organizational support, as well as managing project teams and working with cross-functional teams in a highly matrixed environment in the development and implementation of compliance policies, procedures and internal controls
- Comfort with direct interaction with business clients and senior management
- Outstanding organizational/project management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to develop and deliver all levels of reporting, internal and external, as well as communication materials
- Experience with designing and conducting annual and targeted compliance risk assessments
- Proven ability to timely execute and deliver complex compliance projects on schedule and fit for purpose
- Technological savvy and able to coordinate with technology partners to design, develop, implement and maintain relevant technology systems and controls
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Adobe
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 01/31/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Associated topics: attorney, business, compliance department, corporate, corporate attorney, counsel, court, internal, legal affairs, market