Manufacturing IT Leader
Posted on Feb 15, 2019 by TE Connectivity
What you will be doing...
As the Manufacturing IT Leader, you will be a critical strategic partner to our Communications Segment and its Business Units. You will lead the planning and implementation of Digital Factory IT initiatives for the Communications Segment with a focus on technology solutions and processes that will effectively enable BU strategy to support growth, operational effectiveness, extraordinary customer experience, and operating efficiency. This includes turning strategies into tangible initiatives and projects, detailed against execution timelines.
Responsibilities may include:
- Partnering with the business units in the creation of technology and business process to advance business strategies; facilitate ongoing planning for IT investments and align business strategies with IT investment and priorities.
- Maintaining manufacturing digital strategy and corresponding roadmap considering internal and external best practices and benchmarks, investment levels, process design, change management and KPIs required to ensure business value.
- Identifying and quantifying business opportunities and seeks investment for high priority initiatives.
- Establishing and managing project portfolio investment parameters.
- Gaining alignment for the creation and management of business parameters (scope, schedule, budget, benefits) and their corresponding flexibility levers.
- Being accountable for overall project oversight and internal client satisfaction.
- Aligning business needs with appropriate service levels and manages expectations with their business partners relative to IT services.
- Creating a culture across teams that drives successful delivery and adoption of technology and business process solutions.
- Building network with internal & external experts, suppliers & stakeholders
- Provide transformational thought leadership for Manufacturing process/systems including all aspects of factory operations - demand management, BOM/routings, production planning, scheduling, MES, quality management, etc.
- Being a strong collaborator, able to simplify the complex into succinct executive summaries, able to see different perspectives and have tough conversations to resolve conflicts; Speak with and inspire confidence.
- Influencing in advancing the business through technology investments, business process improvements and change management.
Click here for a day in Life At TE
What your background should look like...
- Minimum 8 years' experience in Manufacturing business processes.
- Significant experience in strategy, development, implementation and use of IT systems.
- Experience with ERP (ideally SAP) and MES shop floor execution systems
- Data savvy - experience using data and analytics tools to build a business case, influence others and make decisions.
- Transformational leader with process improvement knowledge and experience developing ongoing continuous improvements with quantifiable results in upgrading talent, processes, and systems.
- Experience with LEAN tools - Kaizen, 5S, Standard Work, DMAIC, and other lean tools.
- Strong business acumen and fluent in business finance
- Ability to present to and interact with all levels of the organization as well as with outside contacts.
- Strong social/participative leadership style with the ability to listen to employees and customers, demonstrate flexibility while delivering consistent performance.
- Ability to work across an organization, share success, and build a culture that embraces change and growth.
- Able to travel to various manufacturing locations internationally as needed.
What TE Connectivity offers...
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Healthcare for associates and their families, including eligible domestic partners
- Paid time off, including vacations and holidays
- Life insurance and disability protection
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Retirement benefits (401k matching) and more...
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
TE Connectivity (NYSE: TEL) is a $12 billion global technology leader. Our connectivity and sensor solutions are essential in today's increasingly connected world. We collaborate with engineers to transform their concepts into creations - redefining what's possible using intelligent, efficient and high-performing TE products and solutions proven in harsh environments. Our 72,000 people, including over 7,000 engineers, partner with customers in over 150 countries across a wide range of industries. We believe EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS - .