Posted on Jan 6, 2023 by Parker Shaw
Technical Architect - SC Cleared
Posted on Jan 6, 2023 by Parker Shaw
Location: Any England MOJ Location on Hybrid Basis
Duration: 12 months
Position: Technical Architect - SC Cleared
Clearance : SC Clearance
IR35 Status: Inside IR35
As key member of our multidisciplinary Microsoft Azure Team, you'll work alongside, Product Managers, Delivery managers and DevOps engineers. As a team, you'll develop innovative products that are part of end-to-end services across the department.
By applying technology, data, and focussing on user needs, you'll provide technical and architecture expertise to support designing solutions our users really need and want. You'll test the art of the possible by designing proof of concepts to test solutions for future services, working with internal groups, third parties and external suppliers.
Our Technical Architects have a good understanding of a broad range of technologies and are able to converse easily with and translate between non-technical stakeholders and technical practitioners. They are able to switch between different problems and responsibilities and are directly involved in service delivery.
For this role in our Azure space, you will have demonstrable experience of agile development in:
- Azure Cloud Platform tools including Azure DevOps, Azure Command Line Interface & Azure Policy
- Infrastructure as code including Terraform
- Automated testing frameworks including Pester
- Code management frameworks including CI/CD, GIT & Docker
- Observability frameworks including Grafana & Prometheus
- You should have practical working knowledge of modern cloud-first architectures and how to build and connect across them to take advantage of the opportunities they offer.
- Undertake structured analysis of technical issues, translating this analysis into technical designs that describe a solution
- Articulate technical requirements and implications compellingly to technical and non-technical colleagues, senior leaders, business partners and customers
- Provide technical expertise and direction, supporting collaborative teams, working with colleagues to understand requirements and help design innovative solutions that work
- Be responsible for design and development of various sizes, how they interact with their surroundings (including other projects and teams), and how they evolve over time
- Challenge entrenched practices and influence decision makers, look for deeper underlying problems to solve and larger opportunities for digital transformation
- Align your team's work with department and government technology strategy, participating in strategic technical decisions and challenging previous decisions where needed
- Help build and maintain a diverse, inclusive culture across the development community, growing awareness, inclusivity, and balance
- Occasionally participate in 3rd line support during office hours, and sometimes out of hours (for which you'll be paid an allowance and further hourly payment when on call)
- Practical working knowledge of modern cloud-first architectures and how to build applications to take advantage of the opportunities they offer
- Demonstrable experience of agile development in terraform, GIT (or similar) and their associated frameworks
- A solid background in version control
- Experience of automated testing techniques, continuous integration, automated deployment pipelines and associated infrastructure
- The ability to quickly learn new technologies and willingness to pick the right tool for the job
- A systematic approach to solving problems in an agile environment
- Enthusiasm for sharing knowledge and working in a multi-disciplinary team
- You should have experience of design and architecture leadership and governance to delivery teams
- Experience working with cloud infrastructure
- Experience of introducing practices such as DDD, TDD, continuous integration, continuous delivery, and DevOps to teams
- Practical knowledge at many levels of the web stack, from Front End code down to infrastructure and networking
- An ability to build consensus between diverse and often conflicting interests, to achieve agreement on technical plans
- Experience using automated tests to continuously validate your work
- Experience leading or mentoring technical teams and supporting your colleagues, whether one-to-one or in groups
- Knowledge of open source principles and technologies
- Passion for defining and enabling strategic technical solutions with senior stakeholders.
If you feel you have the skills and experience needed for this role; please do apply now.
Alert me to jobs like this:
Technical Architect - SC Cleared in Not Specified, United Kingdom, Contract/Project
Amplify your job search: