Senior Project Manager
Posted on Jan 6, 2023 by Capgemini
Note: This role requires someone who can clear Security Clearance (SC).
The focus of your role
Working as part of the Business Solutions and Engagement Management Services team, within the delivery unit Business and Technology Solutions (BTS), successful candidates will be running technology enabled transformation assignments in any sector and manage projects of varying size and degrees of complexity. Primarily focused around the delivery/implementation of package based products (eg SAP, Oracle and others), members of the team can also be called on to deliver custom developed solutions, change projects, project audits and/or assurance reviews, PM consultancy and provide client mentoring and guidance.
What you'll do
- Be responsible for all aspects of project management; accountable for project delivery to agreed cost and time parameters;
- Take an active part in sales and pre-sales activity; making significant written contribution to bids;
- Develop client relationships at senior management level and influence at board level;
- Make a significant contribution to the development of method and expand knowledge base within the practice;
- Undertake feasibility studies and business case development;
- Ensure that value is delivered from transformation programmes, benefits are tracked and realised and carry out project audits and assurance reviews.
What you'll bring
- We are looking for the highest calibre individuals who exhibit the following attributes, experience and skills that enable them to deliver rapid value to our clients:
- A strong academic and continuing professional development record, ideally including a relevant degree or management qualification;
- Exposure to working within a true client facing consulting style environment;
- Exemplar project management and engagement skills with strong previous experience evident;
- Experience of IT package implementations, including Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and/or large custom builds, ideally including eCommerce and social media;
- Proven experience of managing projects in the range 1,500 to 10,000 man-days and £2m to £8m direct delivery budget responsibility;
- Innovation in both sales and delivery;
Desirable skills, knowledge & experience:
- Formal qualifications in Project Management and certification in PRINCE or equivalent;
- Experience of multiple industries across both public and private sectors with retail experience being of specific interest.
- Process Improvement
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of over 340,000 team members in more than 50 countries. With its strong 55-year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fueled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2021 global revenues of €18 billion.
Amplify your job search: