Systems Engineer Technical Specialist
Posted on Feb 15, 2019 by Perspecta
Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation's most important work. We're a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves-to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways-not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspecta's talented and robust workforce-14,000 strong-stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let's make an impact together.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
The Systems Engineer will support the Sponsor's Software Development Division in identifying, documenting and decomposing requirements, creating Concept of Operations (CONOPS) and Requirements document, developing and updating, as necessary, architecture documents, roadmaps, and standards to account for technology and mission/business changes. This will consist of working with multiple stakeholders in various groups to define and integrate disparate systems such as physical, technical, and analytical security products.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to supporting the Sponsor in:
- Assisting in identifying requirements and documenting them in customer tool as Epics, Capabilities (these two things are Agile terminology)
- Creating and updating of Portfolio Roadmaps
- Creating system diagrams to depict as-is/to-be logical and/or physical architectures
- Create original concepts/theories for various projects
- Technology Design - Adapting equipment and technology to serve user needs
- Ability to logically and systematically convert customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints
- Working with multiple stakeholders in defining requirements and resolving discrepancies between proposed IT systems and enterprise quality and security standards.
- Ability to analyze and study complex system requirements, for example:
- Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, cost estimation, trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications
- Apply the concept of operations set of disciplines for the planning, analysis, design and construction of information systems across a major sector of the organization
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology
- Experience with activity and data modeling, transaction flow analysis, internal control and risk analysis and modern business methods and performance measurement techniques
- A degree (or equivalent experience) in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a scientific or technical discipline
- 10 Years' experience, 3 years in IC
- Experience with successful full life-cycle software development projects
- Ability to translate requirements into end-to-end designs for systems that involve multiple interfaces and supporting data repositories
- TS/SCI clearance w/ poly required
- Analytical and conceptual skills; ability to create original concepts/theories for various projects
- Ability to work in a dynamic and challenging environment
- Proactive self-starter able to work independently with minimal government direction
- Strong oral and written communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to explain technical issues clearly and accurately to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), System Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
Requires 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years with PhD.