Assistant Clinical Leader RN - Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
Posted on Feb 15, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
Assistant Clinical Leader - Intensive Care Unit 001 - Full-Time,Day - Ascension Providence Hospital, Novi Campusi - 34015 - Novi,MI
7:00 a.m, to 7:30 p.m., 3 days a week. Every third weekend. Holidays PRN.
Why Join Ascension?
Our Mission, Vision and Values: Ascension Michigan, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Michigan, you will have the opportunity to assist with management of patient care activities and assigned staff.
- Provide direction and support to unit staff. Supervise admissions, conducts assessment of patient's needs, and initiate nursing care plans. Evaluate and document patient progress.
- Facilitate planning, implementation, development, and evaluation of nursing programs, initiatives and objectives for the unit.
- Assist with development and implementation of policies and procedures.
- Serve as a liaison between the manager, staff and other areas within the organization. Identify and resolve issues affecting delivery of patient care services in a unit.
- Perform all responsibilities and competencies of a RN.
- Demonstrate personal commitment to the organization's core values and nursing mission, vision, and philosophy through active involvement in the quality improvement process.
- In partnership with the department Leader, supervise department RNs and other department associates, make or recommends decisions on corrective action/termination, assignment of duties, review and address associate concerns.
- Perform all other duties and projects as assigned.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Basic Life Support Provider certification from the American Heart Association (AHA) required. American Red Cross (ARC) CPR for Professional Rescuers card will be accepted upon hire but renewal must be a BLS Provider card from AHA.
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) licensure with the State of Michigan required.
- Bachelor's Level Degree
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing required, or 5 years of directly applicable experience required BSN must be obtained within 2 years of hire date
- Two years of progressively more responsible work experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: . Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Ascension Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Ascension Michigan.
Ascension Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E -Verify (link to E-verify site)