ERP Project Manager
Posted on Jan 5, 2023 by Michael Page Technology
Responsible for management, improvement and support of ERP system within a Global FMCG brand. Will involve an ERP migration to SAP S4 HANA.
Our client are a Scottish giant in the luxury FMCG sector that form part of one of the world's biggest group of luxury brands. As they continue to grow and expand their market share across the world, their operations have grown to mirror this ambition.
It is now time for them to grow their IT function and as part of that they are looking for a skilled Project Manager with sound ERP experience in both a functional and non functional capacity to be able to lead the business as it looks to continue to evolve and improve its ERP offering. Initially you will be involved in developing, enhancing and supporting the current SAP solution. You will also be heavily involved in working with the global IT team and Systems partner on the implementation of SAP S4 HANA.
You will be responsible for developing and managing relationships with internal project teams across EMEA in addition to working with select band of 3rd party suppliers and vendors. The role itself will report to the Head of Business Systems (EMEA).
Duties will involve reviewing, maintaining and recommending improvements current business systems to improve business processes.
Typical responsibilities include but are not limited to;
- Work with the business to define and deliver IT roadmaps ensuring alignment with regional/local business needs and consistency with group IT roadmaps
- Gather requirements from business users to understand the demand
- Organize and make the business recommendations taking into account cyber, data privacy, architecture, Technology & Operational requirements
- Plan and present recommendations to IT Steering Group
- Refine the scope of the demand, the objectives and create a list of success criteria
- Validate backlog of functional and non-functional requirements
- Validate the solution scenarios and recommendations
- Conduct a market consultation (RFI/RFP)
- Review the demand with T&O, cyber security, and data privacy experts
- Establish the adapted governance, identify resources and skills necessary and check availability with capacity management
- Set-up the planning and estimate the costs
- Prepare, present, and defend the demand to the IT Steering Group
- Design, build, validate and transition to run activities
- Supervise projects delivery
- Manage escalation in case of risks or problems
- Validate the deployment strategy
- Validate go-live of a new release
- Coordinate level 3 support for service requests and incidents (depending on the need for expertise)
- Ensure the platform is properly monitored and operated to provide the right level of availability and performance accordingly with the agreed Service Level Agreement
- Coordinate problem management (problem analysis and implementation of the resolution plan)
A strong track record in ERP System and Project Management with strong business stakeholder and relationship building capabilities is sought for this role. You will be working with business partners across a broad geography so it is important to be able to communicate to different audiences with different approaches. Strong project management and business systems experience will be required in order to be successful in this role.
While this is not a hands on technical role you will require knowledge of ERP functionality in order to work with users and define requirements to recommend improvements.
Ideally, you will have some SAP experience but our client is open to any ERP background providing this is in an FMCG, Manufacturing/Engineering type environment.
This is a great opportunity to join a prestigious brand that is part of a global group of luxury brands.
The role itself is as a result of business growth and demonstrates the career opportunities on offer within the Group both at home and abroad.
There is a competitive salary with 15% bonus, 11% company pension contribution, health-care and other flexible benefits within a hybrid working pattern.
Amplify your job search: