Information Security Specialist/Hove
Posted on Jan 5, 2023 by Adams & Oliver
Senior Information Security Specialist
6 months contract
Hybrid/2 days a week in Hove (not negotiable)
£700/day inside IR35 (umbrella)
My client is a leading UK financial services provider, offering life insurance, pensions, retirement and investment services.
- Understand security control requirements, as defined security policies, standards and IT control framework and translate them into key security design patterns and solution designs, to help advise project managers and developers across the business.
- Maintain awareness of current and emerging security risks and the changing threat landscape and recommend mitigating solutions to project managers and developers to help ensure security enhancement and controls are proactively applied across the estate.
- Support the development and maintenance of key information security building blocks and define reference models to help ensure efficient application and risk mitigation across the organisation.
- Assist in the evaluation and selection of security technology and products as defined in the security technology roadmap, to help ensure that the selected tooling aligns with control requirements.
- Review the configuration of existing systems or solutions and identify security issues which require a change to its configuration, provide improvement recommendations and escalate any potential risks to help ensure security risks are proactively managed.
- Embed security requirements and guardrails into the business transformation programme ensuring security is a central focus of design, development and implementation.
- Certification in Information Security and/or Information Technology (preferred but not essential) such as CISSP, CISM, CCP or equivalent).
- Solid demonstrable expertise and knowledge of Azure and/or AWS security technologies is essential
- Expertise and practical experience of Information Security frameworks including NIST and ISO27001/17
- Understanding of general security practices such as encryption, IAM, PAM, security information and event management etc. and supporting technologies
- Organised with a proven ability to prioritise workload, meet deadlines, and utilise time effectively
- Strong analytical skills
- At least four years of prior work experience in a similar senior security role is essential
- Prior experience in delivering highly technical and innovative security engineering/design products
- Prior work experience in the Financial Services sector is preferred but not essential
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; able to deal effectively with diverse skill sets and personalities, works effectively as a team player
Amplify your job search: