C/C++ Software Engineer
Posted on Jan 5, 2023 by Advantage Resourcing
World Class Defence Organisation based in Stevenage, Hertfordshire is currently looking to recruit a C/C++ Software Engineer subcontractor on initial 6 month contract.
C/C++ Software Engineer Job Description:
- Designing and developing Test Equipment software to test world leading complex missile systems and sub-components;
- Working with a wide range of teams and stakeholders to deliver test software capability of products from early concept to production;
- Exploring and experimenting with new implementations and technologies to meet the ever challenging customer requirements
- Challenging and implementing real change when opportunities arise in the way the software is developed both within test software and the wider software community
- Embracing Agility and delivering value to the company giving you are real sense of achievement
- Working in a Software Engineering office/lab environment engaging with test equipment and electronic circuitry.
- Previous software engineering experience in the development of test solutions
- Strong ability to write software in C/C++; experience with C# and Scripting languages would be an advantage to our future strategy.
- Previous experience working in an agile development team and is able to step in and help in Scrum meetings
- A strong understanding of what is required to create high quality software and the ability to support quality practices
- Knowledge and experience of NI TestStand is desirable
- Knowledge of electronics measurement and debug techniques using equipment such as oscilloscopes and spectrum analysers
- Understanding of communications and serial interfaces such as RS422, RS485, Modbus, CAN and 1553
- Can articulate the benefits of key software craftsmanship practices like unit testing and good design
- Someone who is comfortable with change and understands the importance of continuous improvement within a modern software development team.
- Experience of Test Driven Development within a software engineering context and comfortable with practices like pair programming and lightweight design modelling. They will also able to help out the rest of the team with their experiences and knowledge of these techniques.
- A good understanding of automation, continuous integration and DevOps principles and practices desirable.
Amplify your job search: