Solution Architect - Microsoft environment - Innovative technologies
Posted on Jan 5, 2023 by Roxwell Talent
Seeking an experienced Solutions Architect looking to join a global law firm who are passionate about technology innovation and adopting where possible the best new technologies.
The role of the Solution Architect is to support internal teams and clients achieve their goals by devising effective solutions, centred around the use of technology. Having architected the solution, the Solution Architect will work closely with the companies project teams, providing direction, guidance and support to ensure the solution is successfully delivered to the business.
The Solution Architect will:
- apply technical and commercial understanding to achieve business outcomes via effective programs of change and investment;
- provide guidance to project and business teams on the technical design of systems, ensuring solutions are fit for purpose and architected for global delivery;
- communicate technical solutions articulately across all levels of stakeholder seniority and audience understanding;
- collaborate with the Technology department and business on the role of architecture, influencing key stakeholders towards changes that develop the technology platform in line with the strategy;
- ensure the Firm's business strategy, technology strategy and market trends are aligned in solutions designed and delivered;
- drive business value from strategic investments through the re-use of technology platforms.
- Practical experience in a strategic and/or senior technical role, within an IT system-driven environment.
- Proven ability to lead others in the analysis of complex business problems and achieve a mutually acceptable solution.
- A strong understanding and appreciation of mainstream technology and mainstream technology providers.
- Strong written skills, in particular specification documents, technical authoring and procedures.
- Proven understanding of the techniques of system development and service management disciplines.
- Understanding of the core concepts and key principles of software development.
- Detailed knowledge in several of the following core technology areas:
- Microsoft 365, with a focus on Teams and Exchange Online
- Microsoft Azure, with a focus on transformation of traditional IaaS services to native cloud
- Microsoft identity platform (Azure AD, OAuth 2.0, OIDC, SAML, MSAL)
- Encryption and key management technologies
- Windows Server OS
- Windows Desktop (10/11)
- Database technologies (MS SQL, MySQL, NoSQL)
- An understanding of security architecture, principles and best practice.
- Clear understanding of the technology market with a special concentration on newer technologies.
This firm offers hybrid working with a minimum of 50% of your time at home, has a work-life balance more attractive then most organisations as well as a long list of benefits that shows that you and your family are important to your employer.
The firm has 6000 staff globally with the majority being based in the UK, in the London office where this role is based (near Moorgate/Liverpool Street).
If you feel this could be a role worth exploring further, please don't hesitate to apply.
Amplify your job search: