Senior DevOps Engineer
Posted on Jan 5, 2023 by Thebes IT Solutions Ltd
Location: Hybrid working is possible with 2 days a week visit to office (Southampton)
Duration: 6 months (Rolling)
Rate: £550 a day (Inside IR35)
Key Essential Skills:
- 5 years of deployment experience in Kubernetes and AKS (application deployment and Management of AKS including monitoring)
- Helm deployment and its life cycle process
- Framework (Kubeless. Azure Function Etc)
- CI/CD, Implementing of various development, testing, Other DevOps tools IT infrastructure
- Azure Functions
- Azure components, Dockers, Terraform
- Kubernetes Certification: CKA or CKAD certified
- Microsoft Certified: DevOps Engineer Expert
- Good knowledge in Linux
- Good understanding in Microservice
- Possess firm troubleshooting techniques to fix the code bugs in various faces of build and release process.
- Strong team leader to hand the DevOps team in the customer environment.
- Excellent communication to manage both internal and external stakeholders
- We are currently looking for an experienced to join us on a contract basis with an immediate start with our client, a Belgian multinational insurance company co-headquartered in Brussels, Belgium's who are the largest insurer and operates in 14 countries worldwide. The successful candidate will support existing application team to deploy application onto containerization/server less platform and be able to work alongside other developers, Azure DevOps engineers, and specialists from other IT departments.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Development of the full life cycle of software or applications with automation tools
- Search for the most optimal technologies and tools for creating an application or software
- Analysis of available technological solutions
- Creating a prototype of a future product for evaluation
- Testing at different levels
- Search and elimination of errors
- Incorporating the best DevOps capabilities into development
- Integration of solutions for continuous deployment
- Work on the creation of scalable CI/CD pipelines
- Upgrade of Helm templates for application deployment in Kubernetes
- Review the manifest of all microservices aligning to latest Kubernetes version
- Update code for serverless framework
- Onboarding new services to Kubernetes framework
- End to end life cycle of Application deployment in Kubernetes, enhancements etc
Outline Thebes Group:
Thebes Group is a leading UK wide IT infrastructure technology consultancy. We are well-known for our extensive talent pool of highly competent IT professionals and exclusive Academy programmes, which provide a great opportunity to undertake technical training in core disciplines. Thebes work with a number of leading vendors, Government, financial institutions and insurance companies including investment banks, brokers and hedge funds.
Thebes does IT solutions & services differently from most other IT service providers. As an Assured Outcome Provider (AOP) we have spent fifteen years willingly sharing the client's risk with them by focusing on outputs (ie quality service & solutions and ROI) rather than inputs (ie pricelists and headcount). We do this by fitting our skills, solutions & capabilities to needs, augmenting our staff with enthusiastic professionals from our Academy programme and remaining flexible as our clients' needs change.
Amplify your job search: