Logistics Specialist/Logistics Planner
Posted on Jan 5, 2023 by Intelligent Resource
Intelligent Resource is working in partnership with a major client in the UK. We are currently recruiting a Logistics Specialist/ Logistics Planner to be based around Oxford for a Contract role.
Job Title: Logistics Specialist/Logistics Planner
Location: Oxford (2 days per week onsite)
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 12 Months
- Responsible for creating an efficient material flow (onsite logistics value stream) and lineside layout plans and strategies, consistent with lean principles, whilst considering optimising the available storage space both in the warehousing areas and lineside.
- Achieving the targets mentioned above requires active involvement in the design of the material flow and lineside layout as a participant, Co-ordinator, or project leader in multi-functional international teams (depending on role).
- The job requires development of Material Flow and Lineside layout for all manufacturing areas within Plant Oxford.
- A broad view of possibilities and options are needed to be generated in the creation of an efficient plan.
- An understanding of the cost and change management system is required with an ability to negotiate with process partners (essential).
- The planning has a direct effect on the Physical Logistics budget, requiring an approach that always seeks to minimise total cost.
Independence, responsibility, decisions
- Responsible for selections of the appropriate options and solutions and for involvement in the high-level decision-making process.
- Responsible for reporting the implementation status in a timely manner and escalating where appropriate.
- Material flow process for new projects & models - direct consequence on budget & operational performance of Physical Logistics
- Space & layout requirements - having direct effect on plant capacity & structure development.
Influence on results
- Has an impact on the efficiency of the technology through reducing structure complexity whilst maximising direct delivery opportunities.
- Influencing Physical Logistics Operational Costs and space availability to utilise business effective solutions for appropriate space usage/lineside presentation methods.
- Should consider Environmental issues and impact eg, energy consumption.
- Has responsibility for investment related to area of responsibility, eg, for model programme project over €10M.
- Has responsibility to ensure that projects are delivered according to the BMW milestones/logistics phase model.
Knowledge Skills and Experience required
- Educational requirements: Degree (preferably Engineering based)
Knowledge of manufacturing including assembly techniques, problem solving skills and project planning.
- Ability to lead a project.
- Excellent written and oral skills.
- Good office IT skills.
- Must be able to communicate with internal and external international partners and can sell concepts and communicate technical solution effectively.
- Must be flexible in time and workplace (inc. temporary international assignments).
- Fully conversant with lean logistics/manufacturing reference principles
Intelligent Resource Limited acts as both an employment business and as an employment agency.
Please Note: Shortlisted candidates will be contacted via Call/Email.
Apply now to know more.
Intelligent Resource is committed to barrier-free and inclusive recruitment. We are a Disability Confident recruiter, and a RIDI 100 and Business Disability Forum partner organization.
Should you choose to contact Intelligent Resource regarding this role or apply for it, all personal data you submit to us will be processed in accordance with our Privacy Notice which you can find on our website.
Amplify your job search: